Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Link Up: Me, Myself & I


It's the time of the month again for MM&I link up. Yay. I enjoy reading people's responses to the questions. Let's go!

1. When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
I know it's weird, but when I'm usually down or mad, I wash my hair. For me, it's therapeutic. It's just like washing all the negative emotions away while watching the soapy suds going down the drain. Then I go for a long drive... even if it's just locally around town. Sometimes my house that I live in gets negative, so escaping for a moment sounds great. Also, while driving, must have the window down and playing some positive & awesome music. Like Coldplay. Hehe.

2. If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?
I'm torn between the 20s era and 60s-70s. But I would probably lean towards the late 60s early 70s... where it's all about love and peace. freedom of speech. great fashion and rockin' hair. And of course, the music. The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Bee Gees... I play 70s Pop/70s folk music all the time at work. I have an old soul, haha...

3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?
I don't really do much for Halloween, hence I rarely dress up, but I dressed up as a mob one time, while the Pillow was a Sheriff.

4. Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?
I like to pick on my scalp (don't ask); I'm obsessed with nose strips; i'm obsessed with cute stationaries and will buy it, but won't use it... to the point they become dust collectors; I used to be in a small band in high school, that never performs but we jam every Friday. I even wrote a song... yet I don't remember any of its lyrics nor melody; the last house I used to live in Indonesia is known to the community to be haunted (we didn't know when we moved in), yet we have strong faith, we never saw a ghost. Yet my maid said there's a little old lady that sits in the top back stairwell every morning, and there's always someone whispering at her at 4 AM when she's sweeping the 2nd floor (where I sleep in). And we have a back room that's never occupied (it's for guests) that's always cold and eerie even though it's super hot outside. 

5. What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Don't rush on growing up, enjoy your teen years. Enjoy as much as possible the presences of close friends and family. Have a strong relationship with God and your Parents & Sibling(s). Start saving for some cool vacation.

Til next link up in October :)


12 comments:

  1. I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not positive
    whether this publish is written by means of him as nobody else
    recognize such distinctive approximately my difficulty. You are amazing!
    Thanks!
    Here is my website - Tribal Tattoos for Women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this, so glad to have a fun new link up!

    val
    www.daily-distraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hello Kitty stationary. I used to buy it and buy it and never use it. Then one day I decided to start using it. And now I don't have a pen pal anymore so I have no reason to use it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah stationary plagues me too. I should take a picture of my "post it" drawer to show you. It's unhealthy. Also LOVE nose strips. I'm kinda a fan of weird bodily things like cleaning my ears and shtuff like that. I like the idea of telling your 16 year old self to start saving for a vacation, so wise! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drool over pens and journals. Love paper and pens. I never buy them due to one of my weird things though. I hate spending money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great note to your 16 year old self! SO agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if only my love for traveling at that aged kicked in. I'm jealous of all this kids who are travelling more than me. *sigH*

      Delete
  7. I use to buy and collect kawaii notepads and lettersets and they now just sit in a box. PS. Super cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by. I still do have a collection going on. crazy.

      Delete
  8. ah, if only teens would listen...
    So I've actually never used nose strips before but am DYING to try it, any recommendations? (I just use baking soda and lemon juice but I really want to try some strips!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm like addicted to it. My favorite ones are from the korean market... i don't know the brand, but they are way cheaper from the ones in target (aka Biore). They have some at Sephora, i can't remember again the brand, it's in a black box, but that shit tore my nose skin. poor nose. good thing it was a gift from my cousin.

      Delete