Monday, September 3, 2012

September Goals

As I listen to my Boyband Playlist on Spotify (I'm a true 90s Pop Fangirl), and after reading Melissa's September List (Insert Sarcastic Remark Here), I was inspired to start my own list. 

I love making lists. I love making them, but sometimes I hate accomplishing them. It's not you, it's me. Since things in this list are not something like major, they're like little things that I think I should be able to accomplished. Nothing hard, you know. 

As I serenade myself to NSync's "This I Promise You", let me explain each goal (feel free to hum along)




1. Wake Up 10 minutes Early for Work - I'm the QUEEN of snooze. I purposely set my alarm 30 minutes earlier so I can snooze. Sometimes I would actually sleep in an extra 5 minutes after the final (countdown) snooze, thinking, "Ah I can make it to work on time." But shit, I'm like rushing to get ready and I would end up not having a proper breakfast. I NEED A PROPER BREAKFAST. And I believe this is why I can not put off the weight. I would just grab whatever I see in the kitchen (or in the office at work, which usually involves SWEETS) and chug coffee for energy. SAD. 10 minutes makes a huge difference. I must do this! Which means, I have to sleep earlier... Hmm... With all the blogging and bloggers to read... This would be hard. I MUST DO THIS.

2. Juicing for Dinner between Mon - Fri - So far I've been doing okay with this, but I want to maintain it. I've feel a little bit different after I started juicing. I just need to stick with it and watch what I eat. I feel a boost of energy, but I still get tired at work (It's from all of the sugars I eat). I would skip juicing on the weekends since it's hard to juice when your out and about. Which leads to...

3. Limit the Sugar Intake - This is a MAJOR struggle for me. I love Sweets. Read: I LOVE BREAD & PASTRIES. I work in a department where all of us love to eat. Haha. Actually LOVE TO EAT SWEETS. Almost everyday at work someone will bring donuts (oh SNAPS), bagels (kill me now!), or bake a cake (this is for reals. Cake for breakfast and 3 o'clock coffee break). When I was Vegan in February of this year, I was able to manage not eating them yummy poisons. I got to put it in my mind that they are YUMMY POISONS. Cmon... I can do this for 1 month...

4. Pray more often 
via
I don't really like to talk about religion on my blog, but prayer is pretty broad. I don't care to whom you pray to (God, Universe, Mother Nature, Allah, Hindu gods, etc), but I believe prayers are powerful. And I'm a believer that you got to pray in any situation and condition. Like the statement above, if you only pray during trouble times OR when you need/want something, there's something wrong. I was raised that you should pray during happy moments and during difficult times. And I know, I've been lacking in the happy-moments-prayer department. And I've been bad on praying before I go to bed. I want to start at least meditating for 5 minutes before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning

5. Purchase a decent pair of Boots - I'm a fan of biker/combat boots.
Boots and Comfort


That's my ideal Fall Fashion (again, I rarely talk about fashion). Skinny Jeans (which probably won't fit me *sad* Replace with leggings?), Flannel Shirt or Cardigan with a Tank Top underneath, with some really cool boots. I've been telling myself every Fall to get a legit pair of boots (like Frye) but it never happens. I ended up buying one from Forever 21 that doesn't last the whole season. I need solid one that lasts for a while. I know Frye is a great brand, but damn they're pricey. But hopefully I'll get one this season. (Hello, Pillow... I love you... Get me One!) I really can not wait for Autumn :)

So what are your goals for this September 2012? At the end of the month, I will post the results. Did I achieve any or none, we'll see by the end of September. Gosh, I hope I accomplish some!!!

Thanks to Melissa for the inspiration :)

11 comments:

  1. I just gotta say this...LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!!
    Please remember that :) You can totally do skinny jeans if you get some with enough stretch in them, other wise it's just not comfortable. Love those glasses and the middle brown boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL. I do have skinny jeans with stretchy materials. I would justify myself wearing leggings as long as the top COVERS MY ASS. Hell naww I'll be showin the universe my ass mountain and camel toes. NASTY. People who wear leggings and show those bits should be arrested by fashion police. Srsly.

      Delete
  2. Sweet list. I have a problem with bread and pasteries and sweets myself. I could totally go for a donut right now. Maybe next month we can do this as a link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, i wanted a vanilla ice cream cone from mcd's sooooo bad today but good thing I didn't. but my head is stuck on this Thrifty Ice Cream from RiteAid. Damn... DAYUMM DAYUMMM DAYYUUMM.

      Yes, we can do this as a link up :)))) weee

      Delete
  3. I just got my fall boots and am all too excited about it. I will probably change my mind when I'm waking all over the city in them - hope they're half os comfy as I thought walking around the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the thing... i have feet problems ever since I wore those reeboks easy tones (damn you) and from there on my feet were never the same :( i have to get like dr. scholl's soles... boo...

      Delete
  4. Lol I live in leggings for the winter. Mostly because I have thunder thighs and jeans and I don't get along. Although I did find 1 magical pair of skinnies at Target that I live in. Find them, they are magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gurl gotta give me the brand for the target skinnies. must need. as;dlfjals;dkfsdf

      Delete
  5. 1. The prayer saying... Love. I need to pray more. 2. My goal is to one day own a pair of Frye boots. I joke to myself that I'm travel nursing so I can afford them! Ha. 3. I am also queen of snooze. 4. Loves you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reneeeeeeeeee... Yes, so far I've been praying before bed and once i wake up... even though it's just short, but at least saying grace to God makes the day better. I even say another prayer before I back up my car for safety hahaha...

      LOVES YOU TOOO

      Delete