Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Things I Love Monday, Week 36


mmmm... this past week was pretty hectic (in werk and personal life), hence it was great to get out of town and have some *quality* time with my close friends. mind you, the Pillow is out of town (he was in Wisconsin during the weekend, to check off his bucket list: Watching Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. Too bad, they lost *womp womp*), and he'll be out til Saturday. That'll be 2 weeks of me not seeing him in flesh. Oh so sad.

Despite that, there's facetime. Gotta love cyber world.

So I get to spend the weekend up in Solvang/Santa Ynez/Santa Barbara with my good ol' friends Gaby, Heather, Ryan, Melissa (the Sister) and Vino (the Husband/Ex-Boyfriend).

A little background history: all of us went to the same Elementary School in Jakarta, Indonesia, yet different grades. Melissa is my sister from my sisterhood. Together with Vino, we both were in the same grade. Vino is my ex-boyfriend (back in Jr High) and now is married to Melissa, and they're expecting their first child. Complicated? No. We coo' like that. Ryan's is Melissa's brother, which makes him my brother too and he's my brother's BFF since Kindergarten. Gettin' it? I hope so. Heather is a crazy girl that some how some way, her & I are related. Meanwhile, Gaby is just... Gaby. 

Anyways, we all went to the same school and church (except Vino) and fortunately we still maintain our friendship through out time. It's pretty cool and funny how we all manage to relocate in the same area (SoCal) and reunite and still be friends. That's one thing I did not regret moving to Indonesia when I was a child (Thanks Pa & Ma). I met people who shaped my life the way it is today, and still be great great friends until now. Awesome.

Anyways, we decided to go up north to visit Melissa & Vino and Gaby wanted to do some wine tasting (it was a first for most of us). I was like sure. I needed a break from reality, and even the Mother encouraged me to enjoy my time, so I was like haaay. We left Friday night and got to Solvang around 1130 PM. 

The rest... was pure awesomeness. 

  • We went to a really cool friendly church. I've never been to a church where the people are genuinely happy. Like so happy to see you. Like get really excited because you show up to their beach potluck. Like throw a mini baby shower for Melissa & Vino even though they've only been there like 5 times.  I think some Indonesian Churches should learn from that. Never be COLD TO YOUR FREAKIN GUESTS. AND they're potluck was one of the bests I've ever had. 
  • Then the boat ride. Vino & Ryan were trying hard being models. 
  • Shoppin down State St and eating some well deserved Thai Food. 
  • Game Night with Wine. I score on Yahtzee. Ryan got drunk while playing the HadBanz game. Ryan doodled something dirtay on Heather's arm.
  • Watchin' Kevin Hart in the mornin' while getting ready. 
  • Wine Tasting. This is a potential favorite new hobby. Call AA and Al-Anon. We have a potential new member. JK. 
  • Watchin' "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man". There are some fine Black Men out there. Mmm mmm mmm. 







Inside jokes to the max. Friends, let's recap... (Readers, sorry if you don't get it).

  • FUPA. If you don't know it... Maybe it's better if you don't know. 
I saw this picture, and I literally had chest pains.



  • Kevin Hart. Guy's super funny. If you don't like crude humor, then you probably won't like him. Well I do. 

Theres no such thing as a bad idea to a coke-head. Everything is the shit. Thats why coke-head always dance. You ever notice that? No matter what you say to a coke-head.all coke-heads hula-hoop, I dont know why.


  • Singing along to my text message tune, which is Katniss's whistle with Rue... The words? Can't tell :)
  • I recorded my friends singing... on mute (-___-)
  • The way Ryan said, "Godzillaaaa"
Super Fun Weekend after a Super Not Fun Week. 

Everybody needs a break in life. Glad I had one.

How about you? Do you have friends from childhood that you're still in contact with?




5 comments:

  1. Too many inside jokes! Will be recapping on my blog too this wednesday! LOL.. FUPA was too funny!

    'Gaby is just... Gaby'?! hahaha.. I'm not cool enough.. lol.. Umm, can I be related to you then, if everyone else is related? HAHAHAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaby is... a secret admire of someone... WOO.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such an amazing weekend! I love good times with great friends. The photos are priceless too. Did you use a filter on the Beach and boat photos, they look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl. it was fun! i edited the pictures with LightRoom :)

      Delete
  3. HOW did you get katniss' tune as your text tone!? Did you do the collages in Lightroom too? Is it user friendly or does it take a genius to work it?

    ReplyDelete