Monday, September 17, 2012

RIMA & GABY INVADES NYC, DAY 3

The queen of slacker is back (which is me) and I would like to share you my last New York Trip back in August with Gaby.

For our day 1, click here.
For our day 2, click here.

Let's start with our breakfast.

Gray's Papaya. You haven't been to New York until you eat a Gray's Papaya hot dog. The wiener itself is alright. What makes it a bomb meal is the PAPAYA DRINK. For a hot, humid day in New York City... to let your taste buds aka mouth & throat that's been dying of thirst to taste this unique sweet with a hint of sour drink = heaven. And of course you can not beat the Recession Deal: 2 Hot Dogs & A Papaya Drink for $5. Cha-ching.


I chugged the whole meal in 5 minutes. Gaby, being the slow eater she is (haha), became my model without even knowing.

Then we walked from Gray's towards Central Park West and walked thru Strawberry Fields (and passing by The Dakota, the apartment of John Lennon, where he got shot) and by the lake. We saw the infamous bridge from afar.


Then we hit Museum #2, The American Museum of Natural History. You've seen The Night at the Museum with Ben Stiller, right? Yup, this is the museum based on that movie. They even have a tour based on the movie outline. Pretty cool. We got all ghetto in the museum when we went to the Asian side and saw a section of Indonesia... more specifically from our very own tribe, Batak. We took pictures like dumb tourist and text messaged our family and friends. ha ha ha.



Of course, gotta take pictures of fossils and such. And in front of an Elephant's ass. Ass ass ass ass.

After seeing outlines of dead animals and such, we headed to a small bakery/cafe called Arte around the Corner and chilled for a moment. I totally love the vibe. They used furnitures from thrifts/second hands, and serve your latte/iced coffee in a wine glass. Tres chic.



After getting refreshed by yumminess, we took the train down to Coney Island. It was a long trip down, but worth it. It's totally Carnival Land and I love the Cirque vibe of it. Gaby had her first taste of deep fried oreo (oh my!) and we road a ride where Gaby got all nauseated. I acted like I was high and laughed all the way. I even recorded a video of us riding Thunder Bolt. Too bad Gaby was cussing up the storm (in Indo), hence I can't post it. Oh and maybe you don't wanna hear my annoying laughing voice.



They even had fireworks! I love fireworks. The show was pretty long and it was very up close. I was in awe. Super cool. Well, the main reason we hit Coney Island because we both wanted to see boobies and watch a Burlesque Show. It was our first time ever. We both loved it. It was a reunion amongst the performers for a 50th birthday for the host, Jo Boobs, and mind you, she is damn hot for her age. We only watched the first half of the show because we didn't wanna walk too late at night on the way back home. Also, this jackass next too me kept on like bugging me and flirting with me (he was like 42, who has a son who's like my age and has grandkids) and kept on offering me to by beer AND even wanted to pour some Jack D for me & Gaby. Uh no. Me & Gaby are there to appreciate the art of Burlesque, while this sonnavabeetch is acting all perverted. Urgh. Go away.

jo boobs there with the pink robe. hawt
Of course, when you're in Coney Island, you must go to Nathan's Hot Dog. Home of the 4th of July Hot Dog contest! In my opinion, Nathan's has the best wiener. The meat is very juicy and yummy.


Then of course we head back to our hot apartment and slept in sweat. Sorta getting used to it by now. Damn.

til day 4!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we did all that in a day. That was a lot of things we did in a day. LOL. And I just had to pose like that on the 'Asian Peoples'. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your adventures in NY! I would totally have opted for a Burlesque show too, love it!

    ReplyDelete