Sunday, June 3, 2012

Food Time: Chili-Rubbed Salmon & Zucchinis with Sauteed Corn


My dad requested for some salmon today, so I whipped out one of my favorite Salmon recipes from my beloved Martha Stewart. I got it from the Everyday Food books (which I really recommend) and did my own tweaks on the recipe. I'm a huge fan of corn so I made lots of them for me to eat, haha.

I would think this would be very good grilled but I'm no expert in that, so I followed what the recipe said to broiled them in an oven. Works great.

Chili-Rubbed Salmon & Zucchinis with Sauteed Corn
adapted Everyday Food by Martha Stewart

What you need:
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 4 skinless salmon fillets
  • Coarse salt & ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper powder (you may reduce this. We're a family of spicy foods)
  • 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika powder (this you can reduce too. Like I said, we love spicy foods)
  • 1 pound medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 3-inch spears (about 1/2 inch thick)
  • 2 tablespoons butter (you may sub with olive oil)
  • 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn kernels (4 cups)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 cup of frozen tri-color bell peppers
  • 1 cup chopped scallions

First, I soak the salmon in the lemon juice for about 10-15 minutes; Meanwhile heat the broiler & set the rack 4 inches below the heat. Once ready, rub the salmon with salt & pepper. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet/pyrex with foils, sprinkle the top of the fillets with some of the the Cayenne Pepper and Sweet Paprika. Arrange the Zucc's around salmon and sprinkle the remaining powders. Broil the fish until it's opaque & zucchini is tender, for about 8 - 10 minutes. I removed from the oven, flip the fish around and toss around the Zuccs and broil for another 2 - 3 minutes (this part is optional. I know every one likes their salmon different). 

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add corn, garlic and bell peppers. Cook, tossing them until corn is tender and beginning to brown, about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in the scallions. By now, I would be spooning the corns in my mouth. It's sooo good. 

You may squeeze some lime if desired. Too bad I have no lime in my tree at the time. 


Hmm... I'm just hungry writing this post. Haha.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,


ps: there's a giveaway going on at mycakies.com. go take a look.

7 comments:

  1. My lime tree has no fruit yet either,
    have you ever had Calamondin (aka calamansi)?
    It seems like it would be perfect with this dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We buy calamansi limes at the asian market nearby. i love their scent! so fresh!!

      Delete
    2. just to make you jealous...we have 2 trees :)

      Delete
    3. muuuuhhh... i need to plant one. haha... our townhouse came with a lime & lemon tree. too bad they bloom during spring. why not summer, oh dear trees?!?

      Delete
    4. Really?! Our lime tree is so small it hasn't had any fruit yet...but our lemon has fruit all year long

      Delete
  2. That looks so yummmmy

    ReplyDelete