Monday, June 25, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 24 - 25

What? Week 25 already? I can't believe how fast time flies. We're heading to July as we speak. Crazy. It's been pretty busy in the world of Bolu, hence I've been pretty slow in sharing recipes. But I promise (I think I did last week too *sad face*) to share a recipe soon. It will be one from the graduation cupcakes that I made a week ago *hint: booze involved*. Yay.

2 weeks ago, I met up with an old high school friend of mine when I was in Jakarta. Homegirl came all the way from Germany to visit her parents and kindly enough she messaged me thru facebook and ask to meet up. So we did. And it was great. I finally got to meet her son, who surprisingly doesn't speak any language besides German (how awesome is that?). I asked her how does he communicate with his grandpa (who speaks Indonesian and English) and she said that they communicate with sign language and pointing. How cute!! Before I met up with her at the Camp in Costa Mesa, I stopped by at Mitsuwa, a Japanese market nearby, and got 2 Japanese magazine. Haha. They're pricey! We ate at Taco Asylum (which I really recommend) and bond and reminisce the good ol' days. It's funny to see us 10 years later in another land. Super cool. After we went our separate ways, I decided to go to 2 thrift stores around Anaheim and managed to score some books and 2 vintage dresses & a sweater. All under $25. I feel like a baws.

1. Priska & I; 2. I actually want a pair of perfect breasts; 3. Words of Wisdom at the Camp parking lot; 4. My findings around OC


Also I was busy baking for the Graduation Cupcake for my beloved Gaby (congrats again, mija) and also acting as guests attendant at my cousin's wedding. I even managed to stop by at Gaby's celebration and to witness the great success of my cupcakes *haha*. People said they ate at least 2-3. That's crazy. It was nice to meet up with old friends from my old church in Jakarta at the party. Reunion is awesome.




Work has been pretty hectic (and there was drama also. Gah) so I don't feel like remembering those hard days, haha. Last Tuesday my mum's cousins and her aunt came over because they demanded to eat some of my cupcakes, so I made them the Red Wine Velvet. My brother's friends came over as well. All 24 cupcakes were gone. Wow. I can't believe people can consume that many cupcakes. Hahaha. 

Despite the busy-ness of work, I'm grateful to have awesome people around. Being on call this past weekend (and getting called in twice on Saturday), my beloved Pillow man still decided to come and visit me. Chimmy always lingers but is being brattier by the day. His barks are ear-piercing, it hurts. My mother and I randomly went to get a foot/body massage at hour favorite Reflexology parlor in Rowland Heights on a Thursday night, totally worth it. 
1. Coffee Monster @ Coffee Bean; 2. Delicious dinner @ Pho Ha; 3. The Rainbows of IV; 4. Postcards from Pillow 

I have a feeling some changes, maybe good or bad, are about to happen. I'm not sure what they are, but it's coming. Should I be afraid or should I embrace it? I don't know. Wee.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

9 comments:

  1. instagram is so fun, hey? :) Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivi, thanks for stopping by. And yes Instagram is addicting. Haha.

      Delete
  2. oh I know how addicting Instagram can be! :) but it's so fun! :) Nice snaps!
    xxx,
    lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right? Instagram is brilliantly addicting. Thanks for stopping by. (btw i'm uber jealous you live in austria)

      xoxo rima

      Delete
  3. Since your entry has Instagram in it already, you should link up on Tuesday at the Instagram Blog Hop at A Night Owl! I know what you mean about the changes, but I think all we can do it brace ourselves and welcome change into our lives. In some way shape or another, it'll be better in the end, I think! :)

    Evani

    P.S. Can't wait for those recipes! Don't rush though, I know what it's like to feel pressured (mostly by yourself) to push things out on the blog. Just do it when you get around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha girl, I must get in to it!! I was gonna type up the recipe, but my friends are coming over tomorrow and they demand a cake. haha... so hence, i'm gonna bake a cake in a bit!

      Delete
  4. ooo vintage dresses, will we get to see them some time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love instagram, too! and that bunny in your header!

    ReplyDelete