Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Am I Weird?

But in my homeland aka Indonesia, Avocado is considered a Fruit. Yes, Fruit. Meaning: we eat it Sweet. Like a Dessert Sweet.

So for Indos, I'm not weird.






See? How awesome looking is that? I usually use Brown Sugar with my Avocados. But mostly I LOVE it with chocolate syrup and condensed milk. Yes. Super sweet. 

Every time I go to my favorite boba place, I would get the Avocado Slush with Swirls of Chocolate Syrup with Boba. YUM. Like, awesome Yum. 

Another favorite Indonesian Dessert Drink that uses Avocado is called Es Teler (translation: Drunken Ice). It consists of shaved ice, jackfruit, avocados, young coconut meat, coconut gel cubes, condensed milk... YUM. I miss eating this along with a bowl of beef ball noodle soup. 



For my American/Hispanic (example: my co-workers), they think it's the nastiest thing ever. They were like, "How can you eat Sweet Guacamole?"

Good thing I can go both ways. I can eat it Salty, I can eat it Sweet.

via
YUM. That with some warm tortilla chips. NOMNOMNOMNOM.

How do you eat your Avocados?

Now if only I have a unlimited Avocado tree...

moonbeams,
Rima

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried it like this but I have a feeling that I'd love it.

    I like my avocados with sliced tomatoes, basil and olive oil. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it both ways (haha in more ways than one lol). I make BOMB guacamole, I'll make u some next time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought avocados were a fruit? I normally eat them as guacamole, but like them with sugar and milk as well. Must be an Asian thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Drunken Ice sounds a lot like something Filipinos have. And although I find it SUPER weird (lol) my grandparents also love avocados sweet. I just love salt too much, I love mine all salted up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, maybe it's worth trying this way? Because I've never like guac, and when my son was little I tried to get him to eat some sliced up avocado, and he kept throwing it on the floor instead of putting it in his mouth. I took a little nibble, and I can't say I blamed him. Never tried to feed it to him again. But I heard recently avocados make a good egg substitute in vegan dishes, so I was considering trying that?

    ReplyDelete