Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Drink Time: Lavender Honey Tea Latte

So it's cold, right? Hell, it's December. What's better than a hot cup of your favorite beverage?

I love tea. Well, Gaby loves tea. This past weekend, after we ate at Native Food at the Camp, I told her I wanted to try Milk + Honey. After Yelp-ing (haha that's a word in my dictionary) the crap out of it, Yelpers (that's a word!) recommended Lavender Tea Latte. I was intrigued. I LOVED IT.

To the point that I recreated my own version of it.

Y'all need:

  • Earl Grey Tea (or any Black Tea)
  • Lavender Buds
  • Honey
  • Milk (I use Soy because I'm Lactose Intolerant)
  • Milk Frother (optional)
Brew your tea and some lavender buds (it's up to you how fragrant you want it to be) with some boiling water, 3 - 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up your milk, and once hot, you have to option to froth it (which I love!) and pour in to your favorite mug. Once tea is ready, pour it into your mug of milk, add honey to sweetened to your desired taste. I think if you have Vanilla Syrup in hand, that would be such a delicious drink (but watch your Sugar intake!!)... Or Vanilla Bean infused Sugar. Hm... Or Vanilla Soy Milk. Hmm...

I'm sipping on some as we speak. Holla.

Enjoy,
Rima

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Earl Grey is my FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious, I will have to try in. I love your blog and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Milk + Honey! Every time I'm home, it's usually summer so I crave for their fruit teas with aloe bits.

    ReplyDelete