Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Food Time: Chocolate Cookie Butter Cake in a Mug




Aw yea. So Merry Christmas again. I was craving SWEETS after eating tons of Chinese Food for lunch, part of my family tradition for eating out on a holiday. After getting called in to work while I was trying to enjoy my Green Tea Ice Cream, I came home wanting something sweet.

But after baking for 3 hours yesterday, I didn't feel like whipping this or mixing that, so I wanted to make just a cake in a mug.

Then, comes Kirby Cravings. This recipe is an adaptation of her Biscoff Mug Cake, so woo. I don't have Biscoff Spread but I do have Cookie Butter. Nom.

Chocolate Cookie Butter Cake in a Mug


What you need:

  • A oversize mug
  • 3 tbsp of Melted Butter (or Veg Oil, if you prefer)
  • 3 tbsp of Milk
  • 3 tbsp of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or All Purpose)
  • 1 tbsp of Ghirardelli Powdered Cocoa (if you don't want Chocolate, just add another 1 tbsp of Flour)
  • 3 tbsp of Brown Sugar (or Granulated White Sugar, if you prefer)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg

After the butter is cooled down from melting, in the mug, whisk together with egg. Once smooth, add the rest of the ingredients, whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave for 1:30 - 2 minutes. More than that, the cake gets rubbery. The cake will rise as the time goes, and beware, you'll get excited.

Warning: this recipe calls for 1 egg. Yes, it gets cooked in a microwave, but maybe not long enough to fully cook the egg. The longer you cook the cake, the drier it gets. So make them at your own risk. Make sure you know the source of your eggs to prevent any salmonella exposure. Other than that, try it. 

Top with Whipped Cream if you want. The texture reminds me of sponge steam cake... Soft and steamy. Yum.


This is a good "quicky" fix after a long day at work. 

Moonbeams,
Rima

2 comments: