Monday, January 21, 2013

2 New Favorites :)

So I just came back from San Diego, to hang out with my awesome cousin, Elaine, who had a baby shower over the weekend. I really didn't know ANYbody there besides her and her hubz, so I pretty much watched the cats and hung out with them.

This is Monkey, my favorite!
Baby Olivia's shower theme was Bohemian/Gypsy. It was cute :)
Monkey and I bonding


This is Cricket. She was saved by Elaine's Hubby before the shelter put her to sleep. She has a chronic Upper Respiratory Infection and a Mega Colon, hence they though no one wanted her and wanted to euthanize her. Thank goodness for Tim. She's the sweetest cat ever
And this is Kris, the anti-social cat. She just like to be alone. Funny.
I'm not a cat girl, but these cats are just precious.

Well, Tim & Elaine introduced me to an old love and a new love... 2 TV shows.

Let's start with the new one.

Source: griottes.fr via Vintage on Pinterest


This is Rachel Khoo. She's this really, really cute Malay-Chinese-Austrian British-Born cook who lives in Paris. Just from that, I'm so jealous of her. She's cute, she has an amazing accent, knows how to cook and LIVES IN PARIS. SUPER JEALOUS.

She has this show (I believe it's originally on BBC2) on Cooking Channel, called The Little Paris Kitchen. She has a book coming out too, that obviously I pre-ordered. What's amazing about her show is that she cooks with really, really small stove (like the one you use for camping) and bakes with a toaster oven. And she does pop-up restaurant in her own apartment. How cool is that? Also being an Art grad, she does illustration on her show of the dishes she's making. Gah, adore.


Now for an old love... Who doesn't love Anthony Bourdain? The bad-ass, wittiest, hilarious author/cook/traveler/food critic guy who was big on his old show, No Reservation.

Source: my.uarts.edu via Amanda on Pinterest

I know that No Reservation ended already (TEARSSS), but homeboy has a new show called The Layover.


The show is about how to get the best of the time you have during a Layover (between 24-36 hours) in a big city (which happens during traveling). From foods, to where to stay and places to see. Cool thing is that he has locals of the layover city giving tips about the city. Love it. In fact, I'm watching is right now. He's doing Atlanta right now.

Food and Travel. My 2 all time favorite.

moonbeams,
Rima

ps: I'm doing a giveaway with Allie. Prize: $100 giftcard to the store of the Winner's choice. Woo.

5 comments:

  1. Those kitties are so sweet! I always loved cats as a kid, but I'm allergic to them so I became a dog person :). Th Little Paris Kitchen show looks so cute, I have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitties!! :) Monkey and my cat Fishy look just alike!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cake's so fancy!
    sometimes i wish that i can cook. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. KITTIES!!! We had cats when I was a kid and according to the pictures I loved them. I wish I had a cat now, but that's an extra expense that's not in my budget.

    And that first show looks awesome. I'd love to be able to watch. I'll have to check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a cat named Monkey. Haha And I LOVE travel/food shows, they are the best! My sister and I just got addicted to Idiot Abroad and we never stop laughing during it.

    ReplyDelete