Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Things I Love Monday, week 50 - 52


Oh wow. I've abandoned this entry for a long time. This used to be my baby, but when life gets busy, priority change. Oh well. Also I haven't been updating my diary/journal/agenda so it's kinda hard for me to trace back the days and memories that happened. But no fret. Why complain? Just move on.

With my diary right next to me, I'm looking back on the things that I've done the past 3 weeks. Some are good, some are bad. That's life, right?

In the past 3 weeks...

  • There were way too many Neuro IR cases at my work. Not good. Why? It ties down our room and our staff. And it's just damn long. Gotz to stop yo!
  • I made Shortbread cookies. Yay! Great success. They were yummy!
  • The Sandy Hooks, Newton, CT tragedy. No words can describe the feeling of everyone that day.
  • My brother turned 25! Damn. I'm old. 
  • Rob & I got hooked on Homeland. OH no.
  • My Youth/Young Adult Secret Gift Exchange was a great success. 
  • Experienced AMC Dine-In which is in Marina Del Rey, the first AMC in California to serve food (like a restaurant), drinks, including cocktails, wines & beers, with reclining leather seats and a server for your convenience! Pretty nifty I say. It's pricey (the ticket for the movie is $17.50... Plus food/drinks) but it's good for a date night. Food was great too! We watched the Hobbit and I love it! I've never seen any LOTR (ok go on and hate me), but the Hobbit was great! Rob lend me his LOTR DVDs. Now if only I have 9 Free Hours to just sit down and watch...


  • Prior to the movies, we had Indonesian Food (nom) and headed to Suite 700, on top of the Shangri - La in Santa Monica to enjoy a beverage and the beautiful sunset.






  • Then Christmas Eve & Day, I was on call. Of course, with my lame luck, I got called in for both days. My first one was for a Korean man (all the way from LA county) who fell 500 ft in Mt. Baldy while hiking. Poor friend. He did well and we saved him. The other one, I was having my family Xmas Lunch, enjoying the company and my green tea ice cream, and I got called in for a Chole Tube. Gah, the fluid that came out was nasty. Gross.


  • Rob & I planned our next trip. Super excited. We bought tickets for an important soccer game. Seriously can not wait. Oh and we're going to see Bon Jovi at the Staples in April. Hellooowwww... 12 Things goals are getting crossed already!
  • Had a great time spending the last days with my sisters and good ol' friends. I bargained with my mom since I spent Christmas with my family, that I MUST spend time with my friends. Haha... Win. Well, since my sisters love m baked goods, I made them Marbled Red Wine Brownies. Twas a hit. Awesome.


We dined for dinner, eating Pho, and I had an amazing cup of Soursop Juice. I was in heaven. Haven't had that in a longggg time. Even Rob was super happy. Yum. Jeje, her hubz, Rob & I were super happy to see Kuma-Chan aka Baby Adam! He's getting so big and chubby. I want to bite him. This was Rob's first time meeting him since he was born. Kuma-San meets Kuma-Chan.




We also had lunch on New Years Eve to celebrate our sister's, Jeje, upcoming birthday (Jan 4th) since we all won't be around for it. Better to celebrate now than never, right?




No, we are NOT ready for kids yet.


  • New Years eve, we both celebrated holding hands while we listened to our 2012 Theme Song, Yellow by Coldplay, and we picked a new one for 2013, I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi. We do this every New Years Eve. As we head down to Buca Di Beppo to meet our friends, we were literally screaming in the car to the Bon Jovi song. Romantic, I say.


Of course you may recognize Gaby's face below. We rang the New Years with our friends at UVA Bar @ Downtown Disney. The service was horrid, because of the crowd, we missed seeing the fireworks. Rob & his friend, Adam, waited for 20 minutes at the bar to get our drinks, we literally missed the countdown. Womp. So I quickly yelled at him "HAPPY NEW YEAR" and quickly kissed him on the lips before he loses his spot at the bar. Sad. Haha... On TOP of that, his Mojito & my Long Island Ice Tea was HORRIBLE. Gah. Nasty. Well at least my friends's drinks were bomb. Damn.






We played the classic Honesty Game "Never Have I Ever..." and really grilled Gaby down. Epic. It's fun hanging out with your friends.
  • Spent the First of 2013: BEING LAZY ASSES. Rob & I just like did nothing for the first couple of our waking hours. I ended up making muffins and he yelled at the TV playing FIFA on his Playstation. Well, he cleaned up his closet and will donate those stuffs to Goodwill. Awesome. He also did his laundry. I craved for sushi so I had sushi. Yum. 
So 2012 has been epic for me. I was tempted to do a recap, but that'll take too much time for me. I guess, I can read back from my TiLMs. Glad that I do this segment so I can look back and reminisce. 

Cheers to 2013!

moonbeams,
Rima

3 comments:

  1. Wow you sure are a busy lady!! I have been itching to watch Homeland, I just need to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! Looks like you had a great New Years! I love these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First things first, Rob is looking awfully comfy with a baby in his arms ;). Secondly, that sucks about UVA! I love that place and our drinks are always so good but I guess they stank when it's busy. So jelly you were at Dtown Disney, I would've loved to be there! Damn California geography. Also Rob and I are in LOVE with dine in theaters, we did it once in Floria at Downtown Disney there and we're obsessed! SO happy there's one in CA, we'll definitely have to hit that up! <3

    ReplyDelete