Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yay for Ellen!

Who does not LOVE Ellen DeGeneres? She's the funniest and one of the most generous famous women I've known. So when I got the phone call from WB about wanting to go to her show, even as standby, I was like, "oh heellllll yeaaaa..." I got the phone at work and I missed the first call and good thing they called back a couple of hours later and I picked it up right away.

I know my fellow girl, Gaby, is a fan as well so I asked her if she wanted to go with me. She applied to but didn't get a phone call. Anyways, when I received my tickets about 3-4 weeks ago, I got giddy.

Today was the day and we both headed to Burbank. I read a lot of tips on previous audiences on Yelp, so I came prepared. Gabz & I kinda knew that we're not gonna get in to the audience based on the ticket numbers we got (look below haha)

fyi that's not a ring that you think it is, it's my mum's ring that came from Iran. I use it now as my Promise Ring since I broke my Promise Ring from Rob. haha.
BUT at least we got to see the show via TVs in the Riff Raff room (it's a room right behind the audience, the same room with the Ellen store. You can hear the audience clapping and such). AND we both got Guaranteed Tickets for Audience for an upcoming show. We chose April 2nd. Hello Early Birthday Present for me... Now, if only the Guest can be Justin Timberlake...

 If you get a chance to watch Ellen live, DO IT. The ENERGY that you get from the audience is contagious. Even in the Riff Raff room, her staffs and the rest of us danced along with the "inside" audience. Her season runs from August - May. Now if you live far and only got Standby, it's not recommended to fly and drive all the way to Burback to push your luck to try to get in to the Audience. I believe today they only took in like 20 people from Standby (From what I heard, starting number 251 and up are Standbys). Yes, you will get another Guaranteed ticket for another taping (if you live super far or out of state, that'll be hard!), but then, it's your chance. Some people will get there by 8AM (that's like SUPER rush hour in LA area) so they can get that number 251. I told Gaby that I'm not counting on getting in anyways today, knowing that I WILL get Guaranteed tickets for another taping. Like, why not. At least I get to experience both :)



Gaby's favorite Show
So anyways, we headed to Porto's where I spent $22 on PASTRIES (that place is super legit. I highly recommend). Then we head to Little Tokyo and ate at Daikokuya. Funny about this location is that there are NO To Go orders. And it's Cash only. Apparently they're knowns for their rice bowls and ramen (which was only 1 type). I opt for the Chicken & Egg Rice bowl while Gaby got the Ramen Bowl (which was BOMB).


The place is literally like a hole in a wall, it's tiny. It gets packed quickly. I really wanted the ramen but it's pork based and I don't eat pork. But I did taste the broth and it's my oh my heavy and savory. Tasty.

I love Little Tokyo because it's filled with lots of cute Japanese stores. Gosh so many Hello Kitty and Rilakkuma stuffs. Gah. 

I'm super excited for April. Can't wait.

MEMOS:
  • FYI, head out to Mish and Allie's blog. Both are doing MEGA giveaways, and I'm participating in both! Click click! 
  • Also, the END of the month of January is approaching (can you believe that?), which means it's almost time for our first Recap for 12 Things! If you are participating, don't forget to link up!
Hope y'all had a good MLK weekend.

bunny kisses,
Rima

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun. That's so cool and you get to go back in April! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I want to go see Ellen too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ellen! Especially since she is a character in one of my favorite movies. Finding Nemo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. $22 on PASTRIES!!! Sounds like a lot of delicious. I love ELLEN. She's awesome. I'd love to see while I'm in town. Little Tokyo sounds like a great place to visit as well. I'm gonna start making a list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! It so great that you still get tickets either way, supercool :)

    And Little Tokyo?! I need to make a trip to the west coast at some point just for the food. A food centered vacation trip ... Nom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting, you are going to have SO much fun at the real show!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous!!! I love Ellen, she is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ellen and I love live shows! Rob and I were basically seated on stage when the George Lopez show was still running and it was so cool!

    ReplyDelete