Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday's Letters


Dear Jack & Jill, (you can read about them here, here and here)... I've only had you both for less than 24 hours, and you both stole my heart, just like that. The way you both jump up and down when I come to feed or play with you, the way Jill hides her treats all over the garage, the way Jack rolls immediately to ask me to rub his belly... You really stole my heart. It was so hard for me to hold my tears when I saw the guy take y'all back in to the room for the exam at the shelter, knowing that I will never get to see you again. When I saw both of your pictures on the RCPets.info website up for adoption today, I was happy. I am happy that you are safe in a better place than the streets where I find you, but I'm also sad because I couldn't keep you. If my circumstances were better, I will definitely take you in without a doubt. I really hope you both find a forever home, hopefully together, just like how I found you. You both will forever be in my heart.

Dear Eldad from Hope for Paws, if it wasn't for your videos, I wouldn't do what I did. Your videos inspired me so much and your cheeseburger method kinda help me get these dogs to my safety. Now I'm gonna keep a leash, blanket and some doggy treats in my car just in case I bump in to another lost dog.

Dear 2013, what a way to start my year, huh? In my 12 Things, I said I want to volunteer at the Animal Shelter... but you gave me to opportunity to save 2 dogs from the streets. God works in mysterious ways. I'm glad He chose me to save Jack & Jill.

Dear People who think about getting pets, please if you do, consider it wisely. Pets have feelings too. I'm a huge Dog lover. If you are considering getting a dog, please think about adopting. There are TONS of dogs out in the shelters that need home. Yes, I admit, I got Chimmy from a breeder. I was being a brat and wanted a Pomeranian. It was the first dog in the family (no one had any ideas on how to obtain one aka clueless about animal shelters). I do not regret having Chimmy, but if I only knew back then, I would've browsed around shelters. I told Pillow that in the future, we're going to adopt 2 shelter dogs. People, don't get a dog just because you feel like it or because it was a spur of the moment. If you think in the long run you can't take care of one, then don't even bother having one. It really bothers me to see dogs that are lost or even to see dogs that are chained down in the yard with no room to play or run... I wonder if the owner even provides fresh water and clean food. Ok, I should stop. But seriously, THINK WISELY BEFORE YOU OWN A DOG.

Dear Pillow. Thank you for being there for me. I still hate that we only get to see each other only on the weekends, and we only talk like for five minutes on the phone everyday.

Dear Faithful Readers, thank for being there to read my blog. I may lose some readers for no reason (I'm thinking it's from a giveaway thing, whatever), but I know there are some out there who stay readers because they like to read. Thank you.

Dear New Readers, welcome. This is a New Year, why not read another New Blogger :)

as always, linking up with Ashley of The Sweet Season.

xoxo,
Rima

4 comments:

  1. My name is Jill so I love the name! :)

    Xo Jill

    jillianturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followers come and go but true readers stick around for the long haul. :) Love you! And can't believe you and pillow only see each other on the weekends and don't talk much... for reals??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I didn't know you found those dogs! That was really nice of you to take them to get them and take them to a shelter :)
    That situation with Pillow will get better. I'm sure seeing each other only during the weekends will make your bond stronger. Ron and I used to live an hour away from each other and we only get to see each other on the weekends but I guess that helped us trust each other more :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen about thinking long and hard before getting a dog. It's a big commitment and a choice that shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm also all for shelter doggies!

    ReplyDelete