Monday, January 28, 2013

Things I Love Monday: January 2013


First off, I would like to share you Kid President. This kid wants to do a Pep Talk with you.



This year will be an #AWESOMEYEAR!!!! Right? RIGHT? Are you with me?!?!?!?

Gosh I needed that video! Too awesome.

Anyways, if you're an avid reader of Bolu, you may notice that I haven't done TiLM lately. Sorry, guys. I don't know what happened, but I sorta lost interest on writing up TiLM. It started with a weekly post, to a bi-weekly, and now to a monthly post.

Since starting the IR department, I live a pretty monotonous life. I work Monday to Friday, with the exception of Tuesdays off, and of course with the weekends and holidays off, and of course On-Call Week. NOW, my schedule changed to Monday TO Friday, 8 - 4.30. Yes I have banker hours now. No more days off :(

So I pretty much work Mon-Fri, go to church on Saturday, and in the weekends is where I see the Pillow. Since he's still in school (and working full time AND traveling), we pretty much want to chill during the weekends. We try our best to do some exciting stuffs, but sometimes I just want to take a nap with him. That's all, hehe. I just can't wait for the day he finishes school. Gah.

Let's Recap this Month:


  • Well, this Month, honestly, went by slow for me, at least in the beginning. The year started with me saving 2 stray dogs by my work place and finding them a home. I ended up taking them to a low-kill animal shelter, and thank God, they are both adopted. That was a weird way for me to start the year. But it made me more aware of stray dogs when I see them. 
  • Every year of our relationship, the Pillow & I have a song for us at the beginning of the year. This year goes to Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You". He goes crazy, serenading it to me whenever it's playing in the car. Mind you, he has a really bad singing voice.
  • I started a new segment this month called Chimmy's Corner, where I talk about pets/animals. Ever since I rescued those 2 dogs, I became so passionate about animals, specifically dogs (I'm such a huge dog person). I really can't wait for my orientation at the Animal Shelter!!
  • I had bad allergies that I noticed since eating a lot of whole wheat stuff. My nose gets stuffy in the morning, my eczema goes berserk and I just can't stop sneezing. So I tried going gluten-free but that only lasted for 1 week. Hahaha... Major fail. But I'm still trying to cut down eating gluten/wheat related. I actually love eating Udi's brand of bread. 
  • Another exciting moment this month was watching the Ellen Show... Even though from the Riff Raff room. Cool thing is I got guaranteed tickets for April! I seriously can not wait!
  • ANOTHER exciting moment was when I found out that New Kids on the Block along with Boyz II Men & 98 Degrees are doing a reunion tour. The Boyband Fangirl in me went CRAY. I've been playing NKOTB's Pandora playlist like mad. 
  • Some time during the month, I made Lemon Bread and one thing that made my day was when my mum texted me while I was at work, saying that the bread was soooo good, I should open up a bakery. I'm more inspired to take baking classes. 
  • Both the Pillow and I were sad that the Packers lost to the 49ers, and are pretty irritated to see all these Niners Bandwagon increase out of nowhere. Cheesehead till the end. I hope the Ravens win the Super Bowl.
  • I started drawing again. Well, I need to draw more!
  • Also started Cross Stitching. I'm gonna continue it after this :)
  • I got obsessed with Soursop Juice. Yum.
  • I FINALIZE MY EURO TRIP. I just need to register for my Baking Class :)))) Can't wait can't wait can't wait.
  • Took a mini getaway (even though I stayed inside the house) to Chula Vista for my cousin's baby shower. I didn't know anybody there so I ended up playing with their cats. Meanwhile, Rob was in Detroit where it was 0 degrees. Crazy. It was 70+F in Chula Vista. 
  • I fell in love with Rachel Khoo & Tony Bourdain.
  • Also, I did my Revisit: 12 Things! If you did yours, please link up. If you haven't, JOIN THE PARTAY!

So far I'm starting off the year pretty awesome. Just like Kid President says, "What will you create to make the world Awesome?"

bunny kisses,
Rima






3 comments:

  1. I love KidPresident. I love that he loves to dance. He needs to be on The Ellen Show and I need to be there. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video so much. I want to be this kid's best friend! (Is that creepy?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that video everywhere and I just watched it for the first time right now. Almost started crying, I wanted to hug that little boy. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete