Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reminiscing Wednesday


Ok, honestly, last night, like super late last night, I went online via my phone, trying to fall asleep and I saw the above picture and went, "WTH WTF WAAAAAAAAAAA..." And was busy texting Gaby about it.

As a girl growing up in Indonesia (read: ASIA), Boybands were HUGE in the 90s. Even the Pillow loves the Backstreet Boys and ain't no shame about it (he accompanied me when they had their This is Us tour and was literally serenading me with his awful voice to As Long As You Love Me). Anyways, I love Boybands. I was even obsessed with them. I pretty much grew up listening to BSB, Boyzone, Code Red, Westlife, Boyz II Men & NKOTB (esp early 90s), 3T, 98 Degrees, Hanson, *NSync, 5ive, O Town, 911, LFO, Take That, Ant & Dec (PJ & Duncan), AZ Yet, BBMak, Caught in the Act, Damage, Human Nature, The Moffatts... I'm literally in tears of joy.

Hence, I shall reminisce today with my favorite song from each Boyband in the Package Tour... Be prepare to reminisce some 90s Boyband Cheesy Pop. Aww yeah.


I had a HUGE HUGE HUGE crush with Joey McIntyre. Mmm... Such a baby face.


This is my FAVORITE Boyz II Men song. Ever. End of the Road is a fav too.

Gawd, back in Indo, my BFF/sister Dinda & I would go cray whenever we see Jeff. So scrumptious.

Call me a cheese head (literally, go pack go), but Boybands were my thing and will always be my thing.

But my #1 Boyband-er will always be...


Nick Carter. Look how 90s he is in that picture. That's the Nick Carter that Rima fell madly in love with back in 6th grade.

A crazy bucket list/goal in life: To take a picture with Nick Carter.

Please dear Fairy Godmother/Santa Clause/Tooth Fairy make that dream come true.

90s cheesiness,
Rima

4 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahhahahaha!
    You just put the biggest smile on my face, I was never into any of those bands (ok...maybe I secretly knew the lyrics to one or two Boyzone songs, which by the way I'm pretty sure no one in the States knows half of the bands you listed including Boyzone) but my best friend was *obsessed* with all of the above (and Spice Girls) it was hilarious!! It's funny, 'cause you kinda remind me of her, she was super Asian as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love New Kids on the Block. Like seriously, LOVE them. I think I even had a New Kids on the Block quilt on my bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I'm determined to meet Nick someday. I didn't know we loved the same man, this could be a detriment to our friendship. ;) AHHHHHHHH BSB TOUR HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh i am so excited for this :) !! great post and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete