Friday, January 11, 2013

Chimmy's Corner

I had a epiphany.

Every Friday night, after work, I like to relax in my bed and browse around the webs watching videos about dogs/animal rescues. I like to watch videos like these because they some what in a way lift my spirit up and think about how awesome God is. That there are still humane people out there.

Also, since I personally experienced a dog (or two) rescue of my own (you can read about them herehere and here), I somehow developed this increase passion on spreading the word on adopting from rescues or shelters, spay & neuter your pets, and saving animals when the opportunity comes (with of course, precautions: Your Safety Comes First!).

So I came up with a new segment that I'm going to start, starting tonight, in honor of my dog, Chimmy, called Chimmy's Corner. I will be sharing videos, sites or articles regarding pets/dogs/cats/other animals... It can be about awareness, charity, fundraising, animal foundations, etc. It can also be stories about pet(s) from cute to funny, even sad ones, or even cherishing a memory of a pet. Or maybe even about animal products such as toys, foods, attire, etc. Even recipesAnything Animal/Pet related!

I will also feature any bloggers that are interested in talking about their own pet(s) or any animal/pet related posts they want to share :) If interested please don't hesitate to email me at bolubyrima@gmail.com!

So for tonight, I would like to share a story about Buck.

via Buck called Buck needs Bucks for his Buckshot Injuries 

Buck is a dog that was shot (well he had shot burns) to his face and was put in a garbage bag and was tied on to a pole to die slowly. HOW FREAKING CRUEL IS THAT? When a person found him, they called this amazing woman, Tami Augustyn, who proclaims herself as a independent animal rescuer (God bless her BIG heart), and she took this poor dog to an emergency Vet.

Buck was hypothermic, anemic, dehydrated and scared. He collapsed after he walked a couple of feet after he was removed from the garbage bag. I teared up like mad when I watched the video.

To watch the video, click here. I believe that the Year on the video is wrong, because the incident happened this year.
To read a Yahoo article about Buck, click here

Tami started a fundraise facebook page for Buck called Buck needs Bucks for his Buckshot Injuries where people can donate to cover Buck's medical expenses.

I highly recommend checking out the facebook page, and I urge to donate to save this dog.



I just can't imagine how people can be sooooo cruel. SOOOO cruel. Dogs love unconditionally. They are there for you during happy times, they are there for you during sad times. They may not talk back to you, but they are there to listen to you and smother you with kisses, knowing that everything will be fine.

According to Buck's facebook page, he had his optho surgery and is recovering now. I'm keeping him in my prayers. Speedy Recovery, Buck!

Chimmy's Kisses,
Rima

ps:
If you are interested in contributing in a post, let me know :))))

pps: Spread the word about Buck!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this video about Buck earlier this week, I can't comprehend how people treat these defenseless animals, it's so sick. I'm so glad this woman is helping Buck and that they have raised so much money for his vet bills. This sounds like a great regular feature, Rima, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series and I really do feel like it's a calling for you! We have 2 rescues in our house and everyday we have to stop ourselves from collecting more. Poor Buck, i can't even imagine who has the soul that could do something as heinous as that but I'm so happy he found someone to fight for him. I'm eager to read this feature!

    ReplyDelete