Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reminiscing Wednesday


The first time I saw this movie, I was in love. In love with the cinematography, in love with the characters, in love with its colors, in love with its story line, in love with its soundtrack. 

There's this one particular scene that I love dearly. At one point in life, I wanted to reenact that scene with my boyfriend. I believe the first time I saw this movie, I was still with Jerk Boyfriend. So this could be between the year 2003 - 2005. I can't remember. All I remember was my feelings when I saw this movie for the first time. 

Prior to watching this movie, I've never had interest in it. One, it was in a foreign language. Two, why is the character on the poster so pale? Three, my parents seen it before me on HBO and thought it was weird because they didn't get it.

Being a hopelessly romantic girl, later on, I gave this movie a try. And I feel in love. I bought the DVD. The more I watch the movie, the more I feel in love with it. AND the more I get the story line. The story line makes more sense the more I watch it. I even purchased the soundtrack. I love listening to the soundtrack, especially when I'm driving or even baking. 

Hell, the movie made me learn how to make Creme Brûlée. 

Now you're wondering WTH movie I'm talking about.




Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
aka Amelie

If you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it. 

So far ever since watching this movie for the first time, I've met that special someone. I've spent my single years doing good to others (okay, it's part of my job haha), dreaming away and enjoying my solitude until I met Robert.  

And, one day, we shall reenact this scene. My most favorite scene of the movie. It has NO dialogue but you can just feel the tension and passion in the scene.


Gosh. Love it.

moonbeams,
Rima

4 comments:

  1. I have seen Amelie but I absolutely didn't get it. LOL I am so lame. Maybe because I was in college and I hated the girl that made us watch it? I gotta give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen this movie yet, but I will be putting it on my list. The cat at the end maybe me giggle a bit. It's like his eyes were saying...awww yeah...let's get it on. I'm kinda inappropriate like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it, but you make me want to!!

    ReplyDelete