Wednesday, October 31, 2012

November's Goal and Le Sigh

goals n schtuff

Well well well... Look where we at right now? The Eve of a New Month. Crazy.

But first things first.

2 things are bothering my mind right now.
  1. The Aftermath of Super Storm Sandy. Seeing images of New York City & New Jersey getting me really sad. I think about the people who don't have the basic necessities right now and picturing the cold piercing their bones. The pets that are separated from their fur-parents, all cold and scared in a safe cage. Gives me the chills. Like seriously, if only my department aren't so short staffed, I would hop on a plane and volunteer my time. Keep them in your prayers... And if possible, DONATE. Red Cross is legit.
  2. Cyber Bulling. So one of my favorite blogger is being attack by Ms/Mr Anon on her blog over her recent Halloween costume. Sure. You may find it offensive, especially to the LGBT community. I get it. We all have feelings. We all want to be treated equally. I fuckin' get it. Who knows what her intention was as most of us don't know her personally. When I saw it the first time, I was like, "Haha... She looks like a dude." I went bypass the whole pulling-off-to-be-a-butch-lesbian. I fuckin' get it. It's offensive. BUT it's not right for them to insult her, bully her, call her BIGOT, saying that she's sexist/racist/whatever. Maybe a nice comment saying "yo, your costume is not cool, yo" and leave it that way. But for those haters out there to just constantly leaving nasty and mean comments to the point where I see it as Cyber Bullying, that's so not cool. You want equality and to be treated fairly, but if you're seeing other people who may have an opposite opinion than you and calling them names, then shit. Go away. Leave her alone. It's her blog. Freedom to express self. If you don't agree with me, then fine. Unfollow me and I don't care. I don't blog for you. I blog for myself. And don't you dare think you're holy enough to judge me based on my opinions. Don't play God if you can't act like One. 
If God’s the game that you’re playing
Well we must get more acquainted
Because it has to be so lonely
To be the only one that’s holy
It’s just my humble opinion
But it’s one that I believe in
You don’t deserve a point of view
If the only thing you see is you - Paramore
Nuff said. I just had to Poop number 2 out.

Anywaysssss... Since November is like knocking at my door, let's recap my October goals and see if I succeed. Rawr.



1. Do a Complete Health Exam - I got 1/2 of that done. I did my GYN exam yesterday. Yes. That deserves a 0.5 point. Hah
2. Get a new tattoo - Failed. 0 point. The time wasn't right and I was going back and forth on what and location of this new tattoo. I've finally got what I want, and still trying to find the right spot.
3. Make Pizza from Scratch - 1 point. I DID IT!!! It was great.



It came out more like a thin crust. I loved the Cast Iron Skillet method because that turned out the greatest. I can't wait to try it again. 

4. Yoga - 10 day challenge - Major Fail. 0 point. I didn't have this in my head at all during October. Super sad. And what's makes it worse, I know I need to do it. SAD.
5. Continue Juicing Religiously - I would give myself 0.5 points. I do it at least 3-4 times a week, but for me it's still not routine enough. I have days where I'm tired coming home from work, and all I can think of is where's the food. 

Total points: 2 points. Hahahaha.

Now on to November


1. Still continue to Juice - nuff said.
2. Purchase a new Coat - man, it's been awhile for me to get a new coat. I lust over the ones in Shabby Apple and Modcloth. I may purchase one from either store. Oh no. 
3. Learn how to make Japanese Hokkaido Milk Bread - Growing up in Asia, I was sooo used to the soft texture of their breads. Way better than the Western bread. Mm... soft bread.
4. Clean Robert's Apt - homeboy has been SOOOOO busy (he often puts 14 hours a day, Mon - Fri and school on top of that) these past months, he has been neglecting the cleanliness of his casa. I'm so gonna clean that place when he's in Shanghai.
5. Learn how to make a Decent Apple Pie - I haven't ventured out to the world of pies, so this would be another challenge. I'm not a big pie fan. I only eat Apple or Blueberry pies. 

So what about you guys? Any goals for November?
PS: giveaway still going :)


8 comments:

  1. 1. Oh lady! I heart you because you speak freely. You are damn straight we blog for ourselves and no one else! Props.

    2. I have a killer apple pie recipe that I will have to find the link to and email you.

    3. I am tattoo-less and am currently dying to get my first but want to be absolutely certain on what and where before I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullies suck. I hate that the internet gives people the balls to feel like that can bully people. It's like they don't give their words any second thoughts as to who the other person might feel.

    We're gonna kick these November goals in the buttocks. I'm not a big fan of fruit pies. It's a texture thing. I make a mean Oreo pie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the radio really needs to retire umm .. okay confession - I don't listen to the radio :)

    good luck on the goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Internet bullies suck.

    To answer your giveaway question, I think that Call Me Maybe needs to go into a long retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Man, I was soo mad when I read that certain's blogger's blog and see all these negative comments. Burn bitches Burn.

      Delete
  6. Radio? What's that?

    I agree about Mish's costume. Agree agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Internet Bullying sucks completely!! who do they think they are for writing such BS!!! Everyone of us is entitled to post whatever we want on our blogs and if someone doesn't wanna read it - who cares, don't read it people!!

    Also I gotta say I am a little bit disappointed of the media coverage here in Europe about hurricane sandy. I get that the US had been hit pretty hard, but there are others too!! They totally forgot the Bahamas, Haiti and Cuba. All of them need all the help they can get right now!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete