Monday, October 22, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 41 - 42


Wow. I just realized how much I've been slacking. I used to be so religious when it comes to Things I Love Monday... But I guess life just gets you.

Well, in the mean time, I'm sharing this. WARNING: F-Bombs in the video (for you kids out there)


I've watched this 5 times already and still laughing out loud. I was crying last night from stomach pain. 

Anyways, the past 2 weeks have been a super blur to me... I haven't been updating my own journal. Sad. All I can think of is from Mon - Friday I've been working and working and working... So tiring.

Then finally on the weekends, I was able to chill for a bit. Weekend of 41 was great because I finally got to see the Pillow (as always), who just came back from New Jersey... And we had our weekly Panera date (it's been a trend in our lives since he's trying to catch up with his Law School). Then we went to his nephew's birthday party.

Chimmy missed the Pillow too. Sucker.
This past week was rough on me because I was on call *le sigh* but now since it's over, I'm looking forward to my paycheck haha. But anyways, it was rough because on Friday I had to stay over and ended up working for 14 hours that day. We had an ICU patient that we were working on and got a Super STAT OR/Trauma patient that had a severe accident (he went straight to OR from Trauma with a traumatic bilateral legs amputation). He was down already on route and they were coding him in Trauma AND in the OR. I was praying so hard that he wouldn't code on my table. It was crazy. We had 4 RNs for this one critical patient. He had 30 Pints of Blood in total that day.

Sadly, he passed away on Saturday. That was one of the roughest cases I've ever had. Until now I'm still in shock. 

I passed out Saturday morning and chill the whole day... Hoping I wouldn't get called in. Rob came over around the evening and surprised me with Lilies :) We had a lovely dinner at Buca Di Beppo. I really wanted their Tiramisu. Nom.


One of the best dishes at Buca Di Beppo
I managed to make some awesome Pumpkin Bread during my busy time. Soothes me.
Btw, guess what? You know how I feel about kids right? Anyways, last week and today I got a call back from a famous children's hospital regarding my application... That I applied like MONTHS ago. I totally forgot about it until I got that phone call from the HR. 

I was debating the whole week... until I got another phone call today. Unfortunately she called when I was in a case... I debated during lunch time, and then finally called back during my break to find out she was busy. So I left a message. 

So oh Dear God, if this is a sign, then I'll let it be Your way for me. I know You know how much I'm disliking my current job due to its politics and maybe this is a hint of a sign for me for a better future. 

Wish me luck and include me in your prayers, guys!!

Hope you have a bunniful week :)

BTW, I'm doing two giveaways...
One is Erin's Pinktober Giveaway which is due Wednesday!
And Jessica's Black and White and Red Allover Giveaway!

JOIN!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you!! yes, they are my favorite (besides sunflowers!)

      Delete
  2. My husband showed me that video and we watched it like 5 times too!! It's SO painful to watch, but hilarious. :) that pumpkin bread looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl... I was crying. Like tears streaming down. My stomach was in pain! hahaha

      Delete
  3. I'm crossing my fingers for you friend!! That seems really hard, to spend so much time trying to keep someone alive but it just being their time :( I'm sure you all did all your could, it was just in God's hands. <3

    ReplyDelete