Sunday, October 28, 2012

Since it's Halloween Partay Weekend...

and here I am in Coffee Bean. Yes. I partied at Coffee Bean. At first I was at a sushi place where all the servers, including Sushi Chefs, dressed up. I was served by a Burger King... King.

Yup. This Guy. via
Anyways, I've never been a big fan of Adult Halloween Party. Why? One, I don't know why every woman in the room has to dress a slutty this, a slutty that. Why can't it be like... Creepy or Fun?

La Lohan in Mean Girls
Two, I dislike drunk people ruining the fun or my conversation with people or getting mad without any reason because I'm talking to their beau about their favorite soccer team/NFL team. Seriously..

Three, No Candy. JK. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of candy.

Anyways... Since my favorite time of the year, Christmas, is coming up... This is where my excitement comes in... Planning for my Young Adults (formerly knowns as the Youths) Secret Gift Exchange. What's fun is that we've been doing themes for the past 2 - 3 years (Last year's was 90s, the year prior was Red, Green & Gold/Ugly Sweater)... And since (in our religion) we don't practice or celebrate Halloween, we decided to come up for this year... Nightmare before Christmas. Yes. A costume party. And I'm super excited.



I've been browsing around for some costume ideas. So far I have...

Bunny... and I'll tweak it around... Bunny Mafia? Dark Bunny?

via

Iron (wo)Man


Katniss Everdeen
via
Sugar Skull - but this would be hard for me since I have a tendency to smear my make up at the end of the night...

Source: google.com via Kerry on Pinterest

So... I think I should do a poll to help me out. Dressing up for Christmas sounds funner than Halloween.



PS: I don't celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Jesus Christ. I celebrate it as the Season of Giving.
PSS: Please no comment regarding religion. Keep it to yourself.

xoxo, Rima

3 comments:

  1. I want to party it up at a coffee bean! I miss coffee bean! :( I'm not a get dress up type person, but everyone is a slutty something or another. I wonder if people who dress slutty on a normal day, what do they wear on Halloween?! Choices are pretty slim for them.

    Anyways, I am so excited for Christmas! I may be spending it alone this year, but I'm so excited! I voted for the bunny cos I am absolutely loving that mask! Second vote, sugar skull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I admit my past Halloweens have all been slutty. I mean as slutty as my chubby little Filipino body can handle. I mean what other holiday can you be a drunk fireman?! I don't know why but I love Halloween. This year, we've laid low so far but costumes are something I just love overall. Anyhoots, I voted Katniss because she kicks ass and takes names. Plus it's all functional clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I avoided one area of town on Friday because I didn't want to deal with all the slutty costumes. The last few times I did dress up I was Daria Morgandorffer, Cho from Harry Potter and Amy Farrah Fowler from Big Bang Theory. Super nerds for sure. It was nice because I was comfortable and not having to pull out my outfit AND I was warm.

    I don't celebrate Christmas. I celebrate Festivus or really nothing at all. It has more to do with working in retail and seeing how people act about gifts and spending money they don't have and what not. I like to give people gifts all year round or when I see something I think someone might like.

    I did for two seconds think about hosting a holiday swap. But I'm on the fence. I definitely think I want to host a Valentine/Anti-Valentine swap though.

    ReplyDelete