Thursday, October 11, 2012

Food Time: Banana Nut Bread


Oh yes, it's been awhile. My schedule has been so crazy, I don't have time to experiment with new recipes. Also, I've been dwelling a lot with my thoughts and emotions (mostly about finance and possible school), so my brain's been all over the place.

Anyways, let's talk about food.

If you go to your favorite coffee shop (ie Starbucks, Coffee Bean, etc), what's your favorite food partner for your cup o' Joe? Mine would be Banana Nut Bread. YUM. I can eat 3 slices. Yes, I have no self control.

So after hustlin around the kitchen, I had some good and bad recipes, I've finally found the one that I love to make. I hope you like it too. Woo.

First, let me share you my first recipe on the blog. I just had to share. It fits the season.

Onward.


The pictures may looks uber fancy, because it's duh... the iPhone. I use the Hipstamatic app. I feel bad abandoning my DSLR, but hey. Natural sunlight is the best light but I bake at night time. Boo.

eat me
Banana Nut Bread
makes 1 bread. Yes. 1. All for you.

The cool thing about this recipe, you don't need a mixer. Your mixer is your dominant arm. Be prepared to have one larger arm.

What you need:
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoon of milk
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 4 (uber) ripe large bananas (I love my bread Moist)
  • 3/4 cups of nuts (I love Almonds and I roast them)
Heat Yo Oven @ 325F. Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with Baking Pam or do the old fashion way by greasing it with butter/margarine and dust with flour. Set aside.

Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. I use 2 forks to mash them. Set aside. Roast the nuts if you want and set aside.

Whisk together the egg, sugar and oil until combined. Using a wooden spoon/spatula, add the flour mix and when they're blended well, add the milk, vanilla and mashed bananas and mix until combined. Fold in 1/2 cup of the nuts. 

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top it of with the remaining 1/4 cup of nuts.

Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Let it cool on top of a cooling rack for 10 minutes, flip, cut and EAT! #nomnomnom


hello nomnomnom
Reviews:
Fat Father: *eats half loaf in 1 sitting* "This is the best banana bread ever."
Mother: *calls me at work & leaves a voice mail* "Rim, just wanted to say that the banana bread is very moist and the sweetness is perfect. Better than Starbucks. Your father has no self control and is eating it like crazy."

nuff said.



4 comments:

  1. I love banana nut bread! This recipe looks so yummy. I love how you wrote "be prepared to have one larger arm" You're a very funny lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am now starving! I lvoe banana nut bread and this looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... let me know how it turns out :) i would LOVE feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM, I love banana bread. My fav pairing at the coffee shop is vanilla scones though, those are bombbbb.

    ReplyDelete