Monday, October 8, 2012

Things I Love Monday: Cha-Cha Family Edition, week 39-40

be prepared for a long ass photo post.
after 13 years, we finally are in the same room!!!!!!!
top: dinda, nia, me, jeje, icha & ocha
bottom: dinda, ocha, jeje, icha, nia & me
Since the past weeks have been a blur (work like mad), all I can remember is our Sisterhood reunion. As I type this, I'm being Icha (who just gave birth) on being hormonal (I got her emotional bug all of a sudden). As the end of this 5 days of awesomeness, all good things must come to an end. Well not really. We're planning already for another reunion next year (either Dinda's graduation or a *cough*wedding*cough*)...

What I can't stand is the distance between all of us. Even though Jeje & I are the ones that are driving distance (esp when I'm in Orange County), it's still hard for us to hang out due to work and our own family problems. Icha, the mother of Kuma-Chan, is in Solvang. She still comes down every other week, but still... She's busy with her own family. Then the other three... Far! Dinda is in Seattle, WA. Ocha is in Denver, CO and Nia is in Morenci, AZ.

And what makes my blues worse are these 2 little ones...

Adam aka Kuma-Chan

Cameron aka the Birthday Boy aka the man that made the reunion possible
Aren't they the CUTEST??

So Thursday was when Nia & her family and Ocha arrived to Cali. I met up with Ocha, Jeje & Nia and her husband & finally baby Cam at Newport Beach then we head to South Coast Plaza to catch up and hang out. Prior to that I went to California Disney first to try out Cars Land. Awesome. I miss Disneyland. I need to go there again. Then I spent dinner with Rob before he left for New York/New Jersey on the weekend for 1 week :( I miss him.

Then Friday was baking day! Man, I baked 3 dozen of 3 different cupcakes and frosting. Seriously, I spent 7 hours in the kitchen. Too freakin legit. My legs were tremblin. Then I spent 2 hours finishing the cupcake toppers. Dedication to the work, ha ha. 

Saturday was the best day ever. Finally being in the same room with 5 of my sisters was... just mind boggling. It took us 13 years to finally be all together. When we had our family/friends took our pictures, Icha was like, "hurry hurry, I'm getting emotional..." and I got teary eyed. It was surreal. If it wasn't for Cameron's 1st birthday (the first baby in the sisterhood), probably our reunion won't happen til a long time. 

Then Sunday, we spent more time together at for lunch, eating Vegan food (Loving Hut is bomb!) and just hanging out together, laughing and reminiscing. Dinda and Icha left Sunday, while Ocha & Nia left today. After dropping Ocha at the airport with Jeje, and then saying bye to Jeje going our separate ways, the sadness kicked in. 

My drive back home from OC was just, blah. Even though Mother was with me (she tagged along because she wanted to go shopping), I was actually pretty sad. I miss my sisters and I miss their babies. I got the blues. Boo.

Definitely this reunion wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for God. He created a plan for each one of us to be part of this sisterhood. Even though we grew up and started our own lives, He still manages to link us up together. Amazing. Surreal. 

via
I seriously can not wait for our next reunion. We vow to do this yearly. Or maybe more frequent, if time and money allows haha.

Now on to some picture time.































Gosh I miss them. All of them.

Seriously, if you have a close friend or two, keep them as close as possible. God put them in your life for a reason. 

- Rima

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your reunion! Cameron is so cute! Next time, I have to meet that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss u mima too..i love u so much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet blog post and it's really such an achievement to get you all in the same room after so much time! I know the feeling of being sad when all your friends leave, it's the worst but technology has really bridged the gap and maybe you could at least so monthly chats! Google + is really good for large chats. Anyhoots, I'm here for ya girl, hope the blues leave you soon!

    ReplyDelete