Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Link Up: Me, Myself & I

Hello Tuesday. You are here again. I love you because you are my usual day off, but today you were not. I had to work til 2, to help out. It was nice to knowing that you're working but leaving early. Haha. And I decided to bake. Yes. Bake. The recipe will be up soon (but in another blog... as a guest post. YIPPEE)

Anyways, my buddy Evani from simplyevani.com, did a link-up and I decided to join... Maybe you and I will get to know more about myself, hehe.




this link up is hosted by My Beautiful, Crazy LifeWhispering Sweet Nothings, Confessions of a graphic design student, Framed Frosting,  For Love of a Cupcake, Life of the Wife.

so the 3rd Tuesday of the Month, they will ask 5 questions about yourself and you get to answer. In a way, self-reflection? Let's get to it.

1 - WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PHOBIA?

I have several. Certain flying & jumping insects (READ: damn you Cockroach!) I had many encounters with cockroaches when I was living in Indonesia. One time when I was in high school, I was in a hurry and grab a pair of whatever black shoes I could find, put it on, and hopped on to my car. The drive to school is about 1 hour. Anyways, as I said goodbye to my dad & driver, I hopped out and started walking... Till I felt something moving beneath my right foot. I was like, "wth is this?" Starting to freak out, I removed my foot from my shoe and saw this HUGE cockroach fly out of that damn shoe!!!! I HAD A FREAKIN ROACH IN MY SHOE THE WHOLE HOUR!!! I screamed like nobody's business!!! Another encounter was when I had to grab something in my room, on top of my desk. So there I was, minding my own business, grabbing that something and next thing you knew, A HUGE ROACH flew towards me off my desk. I screamed like a chick and yelled at my maid's husband to kill that damn sucker. I was paranoid all night sleeping in my room. URGH. But when I was in Honduras, I faced my fear. I hate jumping insects, but anyways, I slept in the top bunk, right next to a fellow Brigade, Ashley (who apparently hates insects too). Our beds are against the wall. So the first morning we were there, while everyone is slowly waking up, I felt Ashley moving like crazy. And she squealed. I woke up and went, "AAAAAH". Next to her is a HUGE grasshopper on the wall, staring at her. She's freakin out, I'm like, "EFF ME" and the other girls in the dorm room were like, "AAAHHH". Ash is not moving at all, I was like, "great... I have to get this sucker." I grabbed a plastic bag, and it took me like 5 minutes to pump up and convinced myself to catch this green man, and with my hands under the bag, I cupped that sucker in my hand, tied the bag quickly, while feeling that thing jumping around, told another person to take this damn bag out and release this little green thing out in the wild. At least, he survived. So did Ash & I. Damn.


2 - IF YOU COULD RE-LIVE ANY DAY OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE & WHY?

Man, there's so many memories, but I guess I can name a few. Or one. How about one. Or two. Well let's go. One is probably graduating Nursing school. For the first time, I really can feel how proud my parents and grandma was seeing me up in the podium getting pinned. I know they're proud with me no matter what, but this time I truly felt it. The joy was in the air. Two is when Rob & I had our first, ehm, kiss. I was single for a long ass time until Rob & I started going out. That day/night was awesome, we caught up with our lives at the beach with our church Youth group (we were good friends in the beginning, but then he kinda disappear in my life [long story]) and he dropped me off home. Next thing you know, we kissed, and I had the biggest smile of all time. Once I got in to my room, I danced with Chimmy (true story). We did the waltz and fist pump. The following day we had our first date, watching my other Robert (Downey Jr) doing awesomeness, Iron Man. 4 + years, we're going strong, stronger than ever. (SORRY LUGU FOR SHARING THIS STORY BUT I HAD TO)

3 - IF YOU COULD CHOOSE TO STAY A CERTAIN AGE FOREVER,  WHAT AGE WOULD IT BE?

14. One of the best times of my life. I had all of my sisters (Cha-Cha Family forever) with me, my first boyfriend (who is now married to one of my sisters, and they're having a baby coming. Confused, yet?), school was awesome and we were all popular. Junior High Rules. I had no stress about paying bills, working like a maniac or worrying about the future. All I had to figure out was how to get good grades, how to fight PMS and Zits, and be an awesome girlfriend and how to watch the Backstreet Boys in person (this, never happened in my teens. Not until my LATE 20s)

4 - WHICH CELEBRITY DO YOU GET MISTAKEN FOR? 

Haha... Lots of my patients say that I look like Flo, the girl from Progressive Insurance. Seriously?


5 - WHAT SONGS ARE INCLUDED IN THE SOUNDTRACK OF YOUR LIFE? 

  • Fix You - Coldplay
  • Charlie Brown - Coldplay
  • Sparks - Coldplay
  • In My Place - Coldplay
  • Yellow - Coldplay (see a trend here?)
  • The One - Backstreet Boys
  • Collide - Howie Day
  • Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
  • Simple Kind of Life - No Doubt
  • Sunday Morning - No Doubt
  • Rhythm of Love - Plain White T's
  • Viva Forever - Spice Girls
  • Your Song - Elton John/Ewan McGregor/Ellie Golding
  • I Got a Feeling - the Black Eyed Peas

Well, I hope y'all get to know a little bit more about me. Haha. Please don't feed me roaches. Yuck.

Moonbeams,

17 comments:

  1. hahaha I totally picture you as a Flo in person!! I'm talking personality though :)
    My husband and I were just talking the other day about people in general and that they all kinda suck...and I was like yeah more people need to be like Rima...he looked at me and was like "WHO?" haha I'm all she's some awesomely crazy chick I talk to online, he's like wtf :) me: yeah I know, I've never met her but she just seems like one of those people that's just her goofy self no matter what and doesn't try to be like anyone else just to fit in. I might be completely wrong but that's the vibe I get and I like it :)

    xo
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg hahaha you cracked me up. Tell your Tim that i had you at Cookie Butter. Win.

      Super win.

      And true story. You should see me at work. I'm the youngest around my co-workers and I treat all of them like they're my age. They think I'm crazy. But they should be lucky, because I expand their life expectancy by making them laugh, yet shortening it by making baked goods. Laugh is a good medicine but butter can clog your arteries. Haha... omg i'm so lame.

      xo, rima

      Delete
    2. hahaha :) oh believe me from that first cookie butter post I turned my monitor and yelled "look, how have we not had this yet, and I found it because of a "Friends" comment!" (I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, I probably have , but Tim is OBSESSED with Friends :) he's a huge guy with tattoos covering most of his body who loves Ross and Rachel :) JACKPOT! he doesn't watch ANY TV, only Friends seasons...nonstop)

      Delete
    3. RACHEL X ROSS FOREVER. I'm a HUGE fan of Friends (favorite is season 3-5). When it ended, TV sucked. I thought there will never be a better show than Friends. At least now, TV is getting better. Currently I'm a sucker for HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls & guilty pleasure gLee. Mad Men is slowly growing on me (more so due to the awesome 60s era. hello).

      One of my fav: Joey kept screaming at me, 'Do it now! Do it! Do it! Do it now!' Sometimes late at night I can still here the screaming.

      Delete
    4. hahaha...whenever I try to think of a favorite one all these voices start quoting friends in my head and I can't choose!!!
      It's getting late and season 8 disc 2 just ended, so I gotta go put in the next disc (before Tim wakes up due to Friends not being on) and get to bed ;)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely sympathize with the bug in shoe thing! I am not afraid of bugs but very concerned about slipping on my shoes in the morning and getting bit by a spider or scorpion!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes... good thing in cali it's not that bad... probably spiders, but still. ew.

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love it! ^^ You have such an amazing blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    PS: I don't post shits... :p

    See you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hey hey... thanks for stopping by, Ms. Sekarwangi (hehe... here in Cali, they'll probably think yo u have the coolest last name. But they'll prolly butcher it). Anywhoo, yes I followed you. From one indo to another.

      :)

      Delete
    2. daaanggg, i don't even think it can be called as a name -__- so you're indonesian? :O

      Delete
    3. yes, i am, loud and proud (though i'm a mutt). A quarter of me is a mix of Arabic/Lebanese, Chinese, & Dutch. Born in the SoCal, raised in Jakarta, then moved back to SoCal again to live. Hehe.

      Delete
  4. I love your list of music! And I. HATE. Bugs. Not just cockroaches (although those are my least favorite, and I will cry if one gets anywhere near me), but all bugs.
    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gurl, i was screaming like a bitch. 2 weeks ago, there was roach, as big as the Indonesian one, that crawled IN MY KITCHEN! I was BAKING, and I hollered at my dad to kill that sucker. Gosh.

      Delete
  5. Your taste in music is (much like mine) amazing! No Doubt, Coldplay, and Elton John? People think I'm nuts to like such a variety. Kudos to you for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... No Doubt, Coldplay, & Elton John. Legendary. Hahaa... I'm a music nutt, so my varieties is very wide. One day I can listen to Pop, next could be 70s (this is a favorite during cases at my work), Samba, then fist pump to 80s (again during cases), or even jammin to Bollywood Grooves. Seriously. It all depends in my mood. Woo.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      *currently playing bollywood haha*

      Delete
  6. Aw yay I'm glad you linked up because I loved reading this! Haha your whole schpeal on the insect thing was hilarious, I would have DIED if a cockroach had been in my shoe the whole time. And yay on your first kiss with your Rob, sounded like a lovely moment. Also, I can imagine similar features with Flo but I think you're much prettier! :) And DUDE you cannot drop the bomb of your first boyfriend being with your sister and not continue the story, my mind is blown. Haha

    Evani
    simplyevani@gmail.com

    P.S. Loved seeing the sneak peek of the cookies via Instagram. Exciteddddd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah glad you like the pictures of the cookies. I GOTZ to werk on it tonight. I can't believed I brought 3 dozen to work, gone by lunch time. cray.

      about the ex-boyfriend to sister, i shall post about it one day. hahaha...

      Delete