Friday, July 20, 2012

Pray, Live and Love

from here

As I woke up this morning, I saw a thread on my facebook page regarding a shooting incident that happened in Aurora, Colorado earlier morning today at The Dark Knight Rises, Batman movie premier. I was in a hurry to get ready for work, didn't get the chance to read the article.

Driving to work, listening to the radio, I heard a glimpse of the news about the shooting. My heart was, "ugh."

While I was in a Neuro case, during extubation time, the anesthesiologist and the CRNA & SRNA were talking about this tragedy and one said that the shooter claimed to the police that he's The Joker. I was like, "wth is this guy thinking?" Then one of them said that the shooter was an alumni from UCR who studied Neuroscience and was taking his PhD in the same subject. Then, I was like, "Damn, he must be local."

As I got home and I immediately passed out on my bed (I had a rough 2 days at work), then woke up and started reading huffington post & abc news about the shooting, my heart sank. I became very nauseated. This tragedy is sickening. Nowhere in this world is safe anymore. I guess now you can't just go out and think that you'll be fine and dandy. Who wants to live cautiously and be aware all the time, not being able to enjoy that time and being paranoid that something bad and scary is gonna happen? Damn. This guy ruin the whole moment. But who knows what was going in that dude's mind. I refuse to live in fear.

I'm sending multiple prayers across to the families and victims of this Aurora Shooting. From what I've known, 2 people from my community, Indonesian Seventh-Day Adventists, who resides in Colorado, were victims in that massacre. I probably don't personally know them, but it's still a shock to me.

Despite whatever tragedy that's going on, there are people who will still make fun and joke around about this sad situation, but I refuse. I rather Pray. Pray really hard for me, my family and friends and for other people in general. I rather Live. Live like it's my last day. Quoting the most overuse statement of this era, You Only Live Once. Live to the fullest. I rather Love. Love myself more, love my family and friends and pets more, and Love other people as well.

No matter what religion you are, please pray for the people affected by this tragedy. I'm thanking God for every breath that I breathe and the every second that He gave to me to live. I'm praying for the shooter as well. May justice do its business.

Oh and tell your family and friends that you Love them. You can never get enough of it. You will never know when is the last time you'll express such feelings to them. The more, the better.

love,


2 comments: