Monday, July 2, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 26

Well hello there. It's Monday already, and we're in JULY!!!!! Is anyone excited for Hump Day Holiday?? Kinda weird to have a holiday in the middle of the week but I'm not complaining :) Holiday any (work)day is awesome. 

This week was pretty productive. I don't know if I accomplished a lot, but it did felt busy! I guess if you're working Monday - Friday, the whole week feels busy. Oh sometimes I miss my make-your-own-schedule life. Oh well. Can't complain. I'm grateful to have a job. 

I got some stuff done for my Registry job. At least that's done. Then of course, my accomplishment regarding my 6 Hours Ombre Cake (great success!) *dirt of my shoulder*. 

Oh and there's the spontaneous New York City trip that I booked with a dear friend in August. I definitely can not wait to hit the Big Apple again (3rd year in a row!!). This should be interesting since I'm going without the Pillow and in the summer time AND I'll be staying in Brooklyn. Can not wait!


The Pillow sent me a Hello picture before going to work last Tuesday, so I replied with the same gesture. This is pretty rare and I would like to celebrate it with a Sneaky Sneaky approach *sorry, boo, for posting another picture, hee hee*

I did a Goodwill run and got some cool stuff. The bad thing about going to thrift stores is that I will definitely spend some $$$ there. But I never regret my purchases. Cool vintage stuff and affordable price? Win-Win.

I had to move some stuffs around my room to downstairs and ended up moving Mr. Keurig to the kitchen. Sad to see him leave my room, but glad to have more space on my desk. Haha. To celebrate my Mason Jars collection, I decided to make some Iced Coffee & Fruity Ice Water, both served in the 32 oz Mason Jars that I got. My belly was full of liquids!



Finally finishing Mad Men Season 1 and started on Season 2. That show is slowly growing on me. I'm pretty slow when it comes to catching up with shows (unless it bites me well in the beginning... Hello "Girls" from HBO) but so far I'm enjoying Mad Men. I can't deny how much I adore the clothes and settings of the show. True to the era. 


Who watched the Euro Cup 2012 final? I personally didn't care who'd win since my team, England, didn't make it to the Semi's, but I was leaning towards Spain, well the plus there were a lot of Barça players... And I was glad they did win! Congrats to España. As for celebration, the Pillow and I had Sangrias and he had Paella for lunch, while I chowed on Beef Saltado. We were having a feast at a Peruvian Restaurant. LOVE Inka Grill in Costa Mesa.


There's a lot of things I want to accomplish this month, but my mind is so scattered right now. For sure I'll have a great 4th of July (will tell you later. so far, it remains a secret until it's done, but it involves public dancing) and I can finally enjoy some fireworks on the 4th for realz, ever since I started working. So far I've been working the past 3 Independence day and enjoyed the Macy's NYC Fireworks Show. I want my real one, dammit!

Well, hope you all have a great 4th of July. Eat BBQ, stay safe, don't light some crazy fire, hug your loved ones, and blow some bubbles.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

*UPDATE*
i just realized I typed "RIGIHT" instead of "RIGHT" on my little Drink picture there. that's what crazy nursing work does to me. i miss my typos. mwahaha... #noregrets & #imtoolazytofix

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute picture of you up top! :) And your pedi is too cute. I love the fact you acknowledge the typo, I have no greater pet peeve than when I find typos in my post after I'd edited it for at least 30 minutes!! UGH. Anyhoot, I'm excited to hear about your 4th :)

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I was like, "daaaank TYPO *sad face*" but I'm too lazy to fix and such. But it's all good in the hood :)

      Delete