Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Reminiscing Wednesday

So I was showering, and playing a 90s playlist on my Spotify app. Then I had an epiphany. A new segment. Reminiscing Wednesday was born. Shower Thinking is very effective, my friend.

This will be the segment where I (or you or us) can share a thing or two from the past that just makes you smile when it pops up in your memory.

I present you...


Well, like I said, I was showering and the 90s playlist was singing to me, and this song came.


I literally was like, "HOLY CRAP! THIS SONG IS OLD!" and start singing it wholeheartedly while conditioning my hair. 

As I did my research, according to wikipedia, this song came out in 1996. 

1996. Where was I? For sure still spreading my swag in Jakarta, Indonesia. I was in 6th grade. The time where my sisters and I were enjoying our SENIOR year in Elementary school. Hahaha... Our last year wearing White & Red uniforms. The year where I played rough with boys and made fun of the 5th graders. The golden days. I remember this song was pretty big at the time as well. And so was the Backstreet Boys (we'll talk about them specifically, someday...)

It's funny something so simple as a song can trigger good (or bad) memories.

Til the next RW!

bunny kisses,
Rima

9 comments:

  1. hahaha...so we're probably about the same age (born in '84) but man...I had no "swag"! Around that time I was pretty obsessed with Nirvana, Korn and yes....The Prodigy :) haha still love Nirvana, the other 2 not so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... Nirvana was big anywhere no matter what. I remember listening to Fire Starter. OMG, which reminded me of how big MTV was back in Asia at the time. They would host VJ contests/try-outs... VH1 and MTV were huge back then over there. And then of course, No Doubt and Garbage. Ah the good ol' days.

      Delete
    2. Yes Garbage! To bad the new stuff sucks :(

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm...1996? I was a junior in HS living in Germany. I used to listen to a lot of R & B back then. Nothing specific sticks out though. I do miss living in Germany though. Oh the food...the delicious, delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea! I love this :) BSB entryyyyyyyyy


    Evani

    FYI, not including my email in comments because chu know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... of course i know where to find you *stalker mode*
      yea girl... i think reminiscing is pretty awesome. good times.

      Delete
  4. love the idea of listening to old tunes! they definitely bring back memories! love your blog, by the way :) found it today.

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! Thanks for stopping by!
      YES! old tunes are awesome. they just crack me up with memories that pop up when a certain tune plays. woo.

      Delete