Thursday, July 12, 2012

New York New York

get this book here

If you know me, you would know how much I love New York City. Raised in the City in Indonesia ( hello, Jakarta), I am soo used to the fast pace, traffic galore, smog land, lots of people, loud car music combined with honking cars part of the big City. 

Been there twice already and going again in August, you don't know how excited I am. I'm actually going to save up and apply for my Nursing License for the state of New York, hoping one day I will live there, haha. Well, me & the Pillow had multiple discussion about moving to NYC one day once we're married. Hm. HMMMMMM.


Anyways, I went to Anthropologie on Sunday with the Pillow, and I saw the book (pictured above) The Stylist's Guide to NYC by Sibella Court, and flipping thru it, I told Rob, I need to get this. I went on my Amazon app, ordered it and got it last night. I was so excited to read it, so I was reading it in between patients (bad nurse!) The book is incredible. If you love crafting and vintage stuff, you will definitely would LOVE this book. It's filled with informations about stores, services, galleries, markets and places to eat. She even gives you a to-do guide for the day on the categories she made. And comes with a fold-out map as well. 

I've marked some stuffs from the book that I hopefully will be able to visit for my 1 week trip. 
  • Once Upon a Tart. It's a bakery in SoHo, and it looks like a super cool, vintage version of Panera. Hm. Bread and Coffee. nomnomnom
  • Kiosk. Also in SoHo. Its a store where the owner decides to sell goods from some countries, changing it every few months. I love stuffs from other countries. And I love buying random stuffs, which is dangerous. 
  • Paula Rubenstein. I LOVE flea market stuffs. Oh uh.
  • Matta. I love the Bohemian style. And the Boho in me said that I must go here. Like, must. Now. How about now?
  • MoMa. This will happen, for sure, because my friend, Gaby, hasn't been there before. Hello... Gonna see some Warhol. Van Gogh. Dali. 
  • Indochine. Their food looks awesome. French-Viet cuisine. This shall be interesting. Hmmm.
  • Pearl Paint. I'm a huge sucker for papers/art supplies/stationaries... So this would be heaven/hell for me. Oh no. I guess Michael's got nothing on this. 
  • Kate's Paperie. Like I said, I love PAPER PAPER PAPER. Oh no.
  • Anthropologie Gallery @ Rockefeller Center. Hello. Need to say more?
That's just some. Oh my I really can not wait.

Any more suggestions? Please do share :)

And I'm linking up Neely from A Complete Waste of Make-Up.


Its Ok Thursdays
It's OK...

  • To just lie down in bed, being a vegetable, after a long day at work
  • To isolate yourself in your room, with a nice scented candle on, and reflecting about your current issues
  • To yell at your dog for barking like a maniac
  • To go to your kitchen and eat anything you see
  • To go to work, as a nurse, with a bed-head. I do that all the time. Hahaha... Why? Because I wear a surgical cap.
  • To be obsessed about Instagram and liking everyone's pictures
  • To collect a lot of baking books and only bake one goodies from each book
Ok, I'm tired. Hot Yoga beat me up yesterday. I'm a veg.

moonbeams,





4 comments:

  1. So excited for you that you're coming to NY. I've only been there once, but it's amazing. I hope you get to go to the MoMa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to MoMa once but would love to go there again!! I'm sooo excited!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited you're going to NYC because it's like I'm going there in spirit! Take tons of pics and come back with a million suggestions for when I finally make my trip! I need that book!! :) Have fun girl!!!

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl... You know it!! I'll make notes for u!!! You need to go!!!

      Delete