Friday, July 6, 2012

Nursing Link - Up



Browsing around after finishing my Church Bulletin (love doing it but it's a drag), I found 2 bloggers, who are both Nurses (YAY!) and they have a link up specifically for us nurses (and student nurses too). This is rad. Super rad. I love Nursing. I love finding Nursing Bloggers. Holla. You know it. 

So for this entry, the topic of the link-up is the Dress Code. Oh dear. First off, my dress code is BOH-RING. Since the mandatory switch-a-roo (which rumor has it, it's gonna be eliminated) for my department (Inteventional Radiology), I have to use the OR scrubs. It's not like the fun green ones above, it's the nasty PJ like, ugly dead sky blue. It's so boring. I look really weird in it. The size are never true to the label (an S can be an M, vice versa), and I always look like I'm drowning in scrubs. The only way to spice it up is with fun shoes and a surgical cap. And my big glasses. Hah.



Most of my other regular scrubs are from a variety of brands, Koi to Dickies to UA. For shoes, I prefer my Crocs clogs or this fine hot pink ones that I got from Goodwill. 


Other accessories are my Badge holder (currently a blinged-up Green Bay Packers) and my Baby-G watch in Teal. Oh and some fun hair ties. Haha. Oh and can't forget pens. Lots of them. Especially since my IR docs like to jack up my pens. I even had one of them swear to me to bring me some cute Korean pens while he's over there. 

I would love to see other nurses on what they wear. Gotta love nursing.

For non-nurse readers, sorry. haha... gotta spread the love.

moonbeamers, 





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks!! btw reading your entry is sooo interesting. i don't want a chinese bun! haha

      Delete
  2. Seriously!! Love finding new nurse bloggers. It makes my day! And I'm kinda jealous that you get to wear the OR scrubs. I kinda wish I could. lol. But the glasses and pink shoes are ballin'! ;) Where in Cali are you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm in SoCal, specifically Rancho Cucamonga. Where are you doing travel RN? That's my next plan. And what registry/company? Because that's something I want to do!!! What department are you working?

      Yay for Nurses!

      Delete
  3. And you gave me hope for finding pink sauce in Cali! lol. Forgot to mention that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i SO know what you mean about the "never true to the label" size!
    our Surgery Nurses have a vending machine for scrubs, and it's so the same situation. mine were huge for my surgery rotation.
    Good thing you can find ways to add your personality to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! my hospital has that machine too. i hate it when the size for my top and bottom is backwards. My pants would be tight as hell with my top being sooo baggy -__-

      Delete
  5. I'm tipping my hat to you all you nurses/nurse bloggers, I groan at the sight of blood so thank goodness for you. Hahaha and I love your glasses, I think they definitely spice up your outfit! Although I can't say I approve of the GBP badge holder... (GO BRONCOS!)

    Evani

    ReplyDelete