Friday, August 31, 2012

Glasses > Contacts

ray ban & a vintage italian frame
Mkay, if you know me, you would know that I love to collect glasses, both optical and sunglasses. I love getting glasses off of ebay or at thrift stores, and just collecting them, yet I ended up putting them in a shoebox and forget about it. I was too poor to change it out to actual prescription glasses.

But I just love glasses. When I got my insurance thru work, the first thing I did was getting my eyes check. Why? Glasses. I couldn't wait to pick out a frame and turn it into a prescription glasses. One time, I converted a Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses into a prescription one because they didn't have any big framed ones that I love.

Oh one thing, I love BIG FRAME glasses. Nerdy Look. This girl is Nerdy. I love being Nerdy. I love Nerdy Boys who wear glasses (too bad, Pillow is nerdy but has 20/20 vision. Jerk.) The cool thing is that people who I work with actually know me as the girl with the big frame eyeglasses. One time when I was still in the ER, I was working on a patient and was charting. At the time, this one paramedic walked all the way down towards me from the hall just to say, "Girl, I dig your specs. Pretty cool. I like how big it is." Even I had patients referred me as the Nurse with the Big Glasses. I was famous. Even the CEO of the Hospital knows me from my glasses (sadly, he doesn't know my name. Boo).

some random frame from f21 & a vintage Gucci eyeglasses 

I mean, I do wear contacts. The first time I tried to put them one, it took me 20 minutes to put it in ONE eyeball. Sad. But I managed. But for some reason, my visions weren't the greatest with contacts and they dry fast. So hence, contacts are for party/church/lookin sexy reason. Other than that, glasses all the way.

If you see some recent pictures of me, I have the clear wayfarer right now and I love it. Since it's clear, it pretty much goes with everything... and so far it compliments my face. And Mother approves. Today, Dr. Galura from Anesthesia (I was in a case that required Anesthesia) was all stunned with my stunna eyeglasses frame and said, "Dude, I super dig your glasses! It's so 80s!! You know Video Killed the Radio Star? Have you seen the video? That's the glasses they have..." And he started serenading me the song. Good thing the patient's totally out by then. Or else, she had to listen to my crazy voice trying to sing along with him.

a cat eye glasses & a 99 cents store glasses
Anyways, since eyeglasses has been a big trend for the past couple of years, especially when the Wayfarer look boomed... Finding frames aren't so hard anymore. I even heard that kids these days want to have glasses because they think it's cool (in my head, I see it as it means they have cool electronic stuff to play with hence eye straining = glasses). Back when I had my glasses in 1995 (5th grade), I looked like a total dork (hooray) and I had zits and braces to top it off. I was total 90s geek girl.

yes. hanson.
Asian Peace Sign
Good thing is that with the power of internet and the webcam, we can now just shop online for a frame, plug in your prescription and get them in the mail. Awesome. Like this one...


This one is from GlassesUSA.com. Mind you my tired look. I was too busy taking pictures of the Blue Moon and ignored my natural beauty. Oh well. We all have ugly days. Anyways, I played around with their Virtual Mirror and had too much fun. Now I'm officially confused on what frames to get!



So do you prefer glasses or contacts? I would love to know!

Oh wait. GlassesUsa.com is being like super rad to me and is giving Bolu readers discounts for your future frames! Hollaaaa 
STOREWIDE OFFER - Take 15% off + get free shipping on your entire order
(orders over $50). Code: FS15
Take 10% off any order of prescription glasses. Code: Blog10
Well, you can't beat a discount and free shipping, right? woo.

Happy Labor Day Weekend. Fall, come soon, please?

6 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 2,4,5 and 6!!!
    Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing glasses since I was in 2nd grade. FOREVER! I've tried contacts, but don't care for them. They make me look tired or like someone punched me in the eye.

    I like how when you switch up your glasses, it switches up your look. Like changing your hair, but less permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That asian peace sign picture is unbelievableeeee. I also love the cat eye frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a contacts girl. My eyeballs are gonna fall out one day because I literally take them out once a month. Maybe. You need to look at coastal.com. Your first pair of glasses are free. You probably have already done it tho!

    ReplyDelete