Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Reminiscing Wednesday


Ah Panic! At the Disco. This is one of my favorite video clips. You get that cirque, vaudeville, quirky, odd feeling. Song is catchy. I actually loved the album (and the second one too).

Anyways, this song just played on my Pandora radio app, and it just opened up a page of memory of my past. Because of this album and the video clip, I remember I wanted to do a "second" wedding (if I ever get married) after my first wedding (you know the formal hoo-haa one) with just my close friends in Vegas... You know the Partay of all partays... Go crazy and get pissed drunk (which, NOW, I don't really like to do)... But with this theme... making it a Theme Wedding. All my friends dressing up as cirque or vaudeville characters while I wear a Bridal gown in Black and the groom (the ex-boyfriend now) dresses as a Ringmaster. I thought that would be the shizit.

But that was years ago.

Wait. It can still happen, no?

Good thing my current boyfriend aka Pillow is waaay cooler than the ex-boyfriend (who, at the time, was acting all Godly thinking that my dream of having that kind of wedding was... Not Godly at all... Bastard ended up cheating on me. Jerk.)... This second wedding can be possible (minus the drunk-fest)... Maybe for a Vow Renewal? (hehe thinking ahead).

13 comments:

  1. You'll totally still be able to have it whatever way you want it when the time comes with the right guy not some jerk :)

    Haha...we never had a wedding, just the 2 of us went to the county courthouse, but we always said that we would have a "wedding" on our tenth anniversary for a vowel renewal and for the years in between we would try to do some fun little ones like go to Vegas and be married by Elvis, etc... now 9 years later we haven't done any yet (you know 'cause life happens), so we'll see what happens next year for the tenth! (our 9th is going to be on the 26th of this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen.

      OMG, happy early 9th. That's soooo awesome. I think vows renewal is an awesome thing. If you made it that long, why not celebrate? I love celebrating. It brings awesome memories, and brings that spark back to life. woo.

      Delete
  2. i absolutely love that video! really takes me back :)

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. i haven't heard their 3rd album yet (the one after the split) but I still dig the first 2. Lyrics are genius.

      Delete
  4. What a jerk, I hate him already! And that Panic video is my favorite of theirs, it really is spectacular. If a 2nd wedding doesn't pan out, just make it a themed party! :) Anything is possibly m'dear. Also, I don't like to get as drunk as I used to either, what the hell is happening to us? Is this AGING? Ew. haha.


    Evani
    simplyevani@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, themed partay sounds more reasonable. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

      And yes, the last time I got drunk was in April (haha) where I passed out after clubbing at Caesar's Palace's Lobby while waiting to check in. In.The.Middle.Of.The.Lobby. Hangover Saturday was no bueno. Hahaha...

      Delete
  5. Oh, Panic! I love it... I'd forgotten about them, and now they're on repeat, thanks to you!
    What a douche (1st bf).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha alyx, yea he douchey. ergh... thank goodness I don't see him anywhere anymore. I usually just say, HEY SUP, whenever I bumped in to him or his wifey (that of course, he cheated me on with).

      Current boyf and ex-boyf used to be BFF back in the College days (haha long story) but fo realz he ain't invited to our (soon-to-be-or-maybe-its-just-in-my-mind wedding).

      I'm gonna replay the song again hahaha

      Delete
  6. Eep - first boyfriend...Glad he's out of the picture for you! I'm having two weddings. We got married (officially) last November and are having our 'real' wedding this September! I wish we had a wedding theme, but Inspector Climate would have none of it - which is ok, I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah congrats :) hope everything will go smoothly :)

      Delete
  7. Hey Lady! Just found your blog via the hop, and I'm so happy to be your newest follower! I also would love to invite you to a fabulous triple giveaway that I'm having right now!
    Ends tonight, so hurry over and thanks so much!

    xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete