Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Liebster Award... and things you *might* wanna know about me


Hello Hello!
Twas nice this morning when I woke up to found out that I was nominated twice in the same morning for the Liebster Award. Awesome.

Thanks to Melissa from [insert sarcastic remark here] and Val from The Daily Distraction for nominating me. I feel like a Pageant Queen crying tears of diamond waving to the audience right now (while I'm in my Public Library using their Free Wi-Fi while waiting for my Chimichanga to get finished grooming)

And you get to know more about Rima. Argh. Who wants to know random facts about me? 


The Liebster is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers and it's meant to be a nice, welcoming way to get to know each other in this lovely little blogging community.

So here are the rules:
1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the people you will nominate.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5. Absolutely No tag backs.
6. Remember to only tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

11 Facts about Rima
  1. I was once upon a time a very, very patient women, until I graduated nursing school and became an Emergency Room Nurse for 3 years (still moonlight there from time to time, if I feel like it). Man, nagging patients and crying babies drove me nuts. Mind you, I'm a very good nurse (so I've heard)... But ever since spending time in the ER, I get crazy impatient when driving behind a slow ass car or when somebody cuts on my lane... they drive me nuts (nursing and driving? what's the connection? I dunno). Anyways, I used to LOVE children, and it was a hobby of mine to teach Sabbath School at Church... Especially those cute Kindergarden kids... Until I work in the ER. I can not stand 3-5 year olds. They get on my nerves... especially when they're doing their tantrum. What gets me more nuts is when the freakin parents don't do crap about it and let their kids go crazy in the cart in the middle of Target. I was raised with a strict mother who has no shame of slapping me when I misbehave (in Indonesia, slapping your kid is accepted when they misbehave. No CPS there, people), and I turned out not bratty at all. I hope I won't have bratty kids. I have a feeling I would be a mean mom >:[
  2. I hate waiting. I'm an on-time person, I was raised that way... When I have an appointment, I'm there 5 minutes before the time. If the person I'm meeting with comes late, or even super late (hello Sister Icha), I get really ticked off. I start sending annoying text messages to that person asking where they at and what's going on. Meanwhile my boyfriend is my laid back. Gah. I hate waiting. Waiting in line another thing. a;kdjfa;lskfja;
  3. I have crazy wavy hair. Those beachy wavy hair. But they frizz like no other.
  4. I have a crazy obsession about my eyebrows and those fine hairs above my lip (I refused to call it mustache). I can spend 1 hour in front of my mirror with tweezer trying to pluck all the unnecessary & unwanted hairs.
  5. Same thing with Split ends. I can have a full on conversation with my boyfriend while picking out my split ends. Nasty. I'm sorry, Love, it's a bad habit hence why I just trimmed my hair. 
  6. I can not stand extreme hot or cold weather. It acts up my eczema. Like right now *scratch scratch*
  7. Once when I was a kid, a hair stylist/make-up artist in Indonesia wanted me to model, just for my eyes. He said I have beautiful eye structures for make-up. Heh. Never happened.
  8. I have Vitiligo. I've mentioned this a couple of times. It's one of my insecurities and my mother feared no one will ever love/marry me because of my skin disorder. I was there too. I had that fear. Thank God I met the Pillow. He looked pass my skin and straight to my heart and love for cooking/baking haha. It takes me 30-45 min everyday to do cover-up make up. I really wish there is a cure for this auto-immune disease. Anybody have this disorder?
  9. I love watching Soccer aka Football. I'm a fan of Manchester United ever since David Beckham first started and went all awesome from there. Too bad the Pillow hates ManUtd and we love different teams. My dream is to watch ManUtd play at home at the Old Trafford.
  10. Sometimes I have to remind myself to reduce the amount of curse words when I'm in front of children. I cuss a lot (thanks to the ER) but I'm getting better now. One time I was driving (you know where this is going) with my mother on the passenger seat. Someone cut in front of my on high speed and for one second I forget that Mother was next to me, I said every foul language in the dictionary. Oh she got mad. End of story.
  11. I love cleaning my ears. Weird huh? It gives me this instant gratification after I clean my ears. I don't know, just cleaning my ears makes me happy. Q-Tip makes a lot of money out of me. 

Questions from Melissa

What would you rather give up for an entire year: television or your driver's license?
TV. Actually I haven't had cable nor a legit antenna for 1.5 years. Sadly, I'm more addicted to my computer now :(
What is your dream job? What are you doing to make that dream a reality?
Is to own a cafe. If only I don't work Mon-Fri and have a more flexible schedule, I would take a baking/cooking class, and start from there. I probably have to take a business class as well. Hopefully soon. Once I'm married. Haha.
Where is the furthest you've ever traveled?
Mm... Since I lived in America & Indonesia (which both are far from each other), I would say Honduras for my Medical Missionary Trip. While I was in Indonesia, my family & I would road trip from Jakarta to Northern Sumatra (which was faaar by land) and to Bali as well while roaming around the island of Java. I miss those days.
If you could be an extra in any movie, which one would you choose and what would you be doing?
My favorite movie is Love Actually. I actually want to be one of those airport people in the opening and closing scenes of the movie, where they all meet and greet their loved ones in the airport
Dress and cardigan or jeans and a comfy tee?
JEANS AND T-SHIRT ALL DAYY EVERYDAAAYYY. I'm wearing them as we speak.
What television show is your guilty pleasure?
Back in Indo, it used to be those celebrity gossip shows (but that was long long time ago in Bethlehem). Well now since I don't have TV... let me think of the time when I used to have TV. I would say Maury or Montell Williams. hahahaha... Jerry Springer is too weird for me. I love the "WHO'S THE FATHER?" Segment.
What is the weirdest food combination you've ever eaten?
I would say when I was in Honduras, they served this "sandwich" that consisted of 2-4 flour tortillas with the insides of beans, sweet plantains, and their signature cheese (I don't know the name. It's white). It was sooo weird yet so good... Weird cheese and the sweetness of plantains with the saltiness of the beans in one whole flour tortilla sandwich. Weird.
If you could go on an all expenses paid trip, where would you go? Why?
North Pole. Who would on top of their mind would vacation to North Pole? It's pretty odd, but if someone's paying for it, I would.
What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but you're too scared to do it?
Take a nap in a coffin. JK. For right now, it's to do travel nursing. I've been pumpin myself for the past year to do it, but I'm still scared to do so. I need someone to slap me and tell me to do it (hello, Mother? It's me Rima. Please slap me.)
Long road trips or quick flying through the skies?
Ooo... Since I love both, this one is hard. But Flying. Haha. It's gets me there quick. Then, I would road trip from there. Hehe.
Do you have any tattoos? If so, of what and where?
One for right now. I'm planning to get more (2). It's a Crescent Moon on my left wrist... in homage of my Childhood hero, Sailor Moon. Yes. I'm a wanna be Sailor Scout.

Questions from Val

Besides blogs, what website(s) do you check daily?
PerezHilton.com hahaha... guilty pleasure! Also 3 wedding websites.
How long did it take you to tell your friends and family about your blog?
My parents don't know about me having a blog (I don't think it'll interest them anyways) and I know my friends know it from my personal Facebook page. I brag about it all the time. They hate me. JK.
What inspires you to blog the most?
My passion of baking (which I've been slacking lately) and I just love sharing the world of the thoughts in my mind. I have a difficult time expressing it verbally sometimes... it's best for me to write it out. I tend to cry a lot and get emotional about it. I'm a big cryer. 
What is the best birthday present you've ever received?
The companionship of the Pillow going with me to New York City for my first time. It wouldn't be an awesome trip if it wasn't for him.
What food could you not possibly live without?
Hmmmmm... This is hard. Probably Chocolate Bread. GAWD I love Bread and Pastries.
What is your go-to piece of clothing in your closet right now?
My Levis Boyfriend Jeans that I got 3 years ago from Costco. Torn and Worn with Pride. Currently wearing it as we speak.
What blogger inspires you right now?
ABeautifulMess.com and Galadarling.com
What is your favorite word?
Right now, I'm saying, "HOLLLAA" a lot. I don't know why.
What country are you dying to visit?
THIS IS HARD. I have so much on my list. Ok, for right now, since it's the closest thing for me is England. 
If you could have any job, what would it be?
A Baker. Full Time Baker. I want to bake all day to experiment and just the baking goods away to people in need... 
What is your favorite ride at Disneyland?
Ooo... Since I have an Annual Pass (which I haven't used since Dec. SHAME ON ME), I would sometimes just go in for 2-3 hours and ride Tower of Terror in Cali Disney and Space Mountain. YES. Space Mountain!!!

Now, here are my questions
  1. If you can choose an animal to represent yourself, what would it be and why?
  2. Favorite Dish to Make? Share a recipe with me! I wanna try *wink wink*
  3. Tell me a little about your town/city. Do you love living there or are you dying to move out of there?!
  4. What is your ethnicity background? I LOVE to meet people with variable ethnic backgrounds. I think every ethnicity has their own awesomeness.
  5. What are you obsessing right now? It could be weird. Weirder the better for me. 
  6. If timing was allowed, list 5 things you would save out of your house if there's a natural disaster.
  7. Every girl loves to dream about that perfect proposal... How do you describe your perfect proposal? Or if you're married or engaged, who did the Mr. did it?
  8. What's the best thing since sliced bread?
  9. What's one beauty item that you can not live without?
  10. Who's your favorite band/singer of all time?
  11. If you're only able to watch one movie for the rest of you life, what would it be?
Man, that was hard. My eyes are getting tired. Haha.

Now I nominate:
Sarai from Sur-Eye
Evani from Simply Evani
Alex from Louise Amabilis
Nicole from Treasure Tromp
Nicola from Nicola Jewell
Tania from The Mama Mantras
Janneke from A Snapshop Life
Cynthia from A Move Begins
Katrin from Land Of Candy Canes

Ok, I know I've been slacking on my TiLM, don't worry, I'm working on it. It'll be a big hooplah with pictures of my NYC trip.


13 comments:

  1. MUAH. Thanks for the nomination! I want to put it on the record that your blog is one of the only ones I LEGITIMATELY read all the way through, no skimming. I'm also so impatient and annoyingly on time for everything. When I'm late,I go into an Alice-in-wonderland panic. Also girllll we gotta get ON using our annual passes. Rob and I have some trips planned I've been meaning to tell you about ;)

    Evani
    simplyevani@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GURRRLLLL HAAAAAYYYY Let's get our DISNEY on!
      I'm off on Tuesday. OMG let's go on a Tuesday! Why? NO LINES! hahahahaha...

      and I want churros now.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination!! And I'm the same with the ear cleaning/q-tip thing. It's one of the first things I do every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding out more about you! and thanks for the nomination!!! and ummm you want to be a sailor scout? Don't we all?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome. i hope all of you will answer these hee hee

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination! And I would love to be baker, I think baking is so therapeutic... and of course delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Baking is therapeutic for me!!! If only my body understands. haha... waist expansion

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! You rock! :))) This is such an honor! I love your blog, I already told you. But I will tell you again and again!
    And it was so great to learn more about you! I love that you would like to be a baker. That's so sweet. I love to bake too but my last attempts were a disaster! :)
    Thank you again, you are awesome, Rima!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha...I totally have to second evani's legitimate shiz, it's sooo true!
    Oh and btw we totally need to get together sometime, the boys can talk soccer (Tim will ignore you just because of the ManU love) and we can get our annoying craycray on :) Tim will join in on th Q-tip action though...10 times a day! Oh, and don't worry....nobody can stand OTHER peoples 3-5 year olds!!! My kids are just tha bomb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurl, your kids are just oh so fab (based on my awesome assesment skills from photo observation). I want to hug them.

      Tim is my qtip bff them. And i'm okay being surrounded by manutd haters. I'm like dating one.

      Oh like totz once i figure out like my job situation, we shall like hollaaa and get our cray on.

      Speaking of San Diego, Rob begged me to get those cheap tix to the Animal Wild Park. He personally emailed me about. Emailed. Not text, but emailed. Not call, but emailed. Wth. Hahaha.

      Delete
    2. Better recognize, in reality though they would probably just stare at you with a "who's this bitch" look on their face :) they're SUPER shy until you just like pick them up, throw em around and tickle them and they'll love you forever (forever means until the next time they see you and give you the who's this bitch-look)

      haha he's westham all the way

      WOW...he must be serious! ;) We had zoo/wild animal park year passes one year, dude such a looong f-ing walk, never again!!!!
      Now we have seaworld passes, wish I had moneybags for the Disney ones!

      Delete