Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Food Time: it's in progress...

key ingredients!

Finally some Food Making Partay. 

As I wait for the rice to cool off, I feel like blogging :)

If you knew me, I secretly wish that I'm part Korean. No not for it's K-Drama, but for its FOOD. I love Korean Food. Once upon a time, I was a vegetarian (I was a hardcore PETA supporter at the time. I was Veg for political reasons). True to the core. Until my mother invited (and invaded me) me for lunch at a Korean BBQ Restaurant. Smelling them charbroiled beef weakened the little Vegetarian in me. Seeing them in front of me was torture. Then I grabbed a slice of Korean BBQ Rib aka Kalbi and had a partay in my mouth. I still remained a Vegetarian that year (it lasted for 1 year) but I would never refused Korean BBQ.

To my Vegetarian friends out there, I'm sorry for letting you down.

Anyways, yesterday coming home from work, I felt like making this dish that I've been wanting to make for awhile ever since I had my first taste of it. Thanks to Hashigo in Costa Mesa, CA, I've been craving this for a long time. 

I'm in the process of making Kimchi Fried Rice aka Kimchi Bokkeumbap 김치 볶음밥 (yes I googled that)

Yes I cried chopping that ONE onion. Man, so painful.

I will post the recipe soon. After I eat it. Hot bowl of 김치 볶음밥.

김치 볶음밥!! 김치 볶음밥!! 김치 볶음밥!! 김치 볶음밥!! 김치 볶음밥!! ... Sorry I got too excited.




6 comments:

  1. I think I was Korean in a former life. I LOVE Korean food, but don't get enough of it. The mother's of my Korean friends always thought I was Korean growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KOREAN FOOD ALL THE WAAAAAY
      I'm torn between Korean and Japanese food.
      Actually all food.
      I should get an elliptical and run and eat at the same time.

      Delete
  2. I've never had Kbarb, I want some in my life!! Excited to see the recipe!

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GURL!!! THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Where have you been?!?!?!?!
      Go to the nearest Korean BBQ joint and EAT UP with a SUIT.
      JK about the suit.

      Delete