Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Guest Post: Simply Evani

Well... While I'm on my plane heading to the Big Apple while listening to that infamous Jay Z & Alicia Keys song (can we all sing in unison, "IN NEEEWWWW YYYOOOORRRKKK..."), here I present to you one of my Bloggie BFF, Evani of Simply Evani. She's gonna share to you some advice on something I'm not very good at: Current Fashion. Lol. Yes, I'm not that Fashion Frenzy, as I must say. I think I only shop for clothes if I need to. You can catch me in the same jeans with a different top at any given day. Maybe it's because I use scrubs from Monday - Friday. So by the time I hit weekends, I'm just confused on what to wear. Oh well. I'm confusing myself just talking about it. I usually just shop a thrifts and H&M, F21 or Macy's for special occasions. Woop.
----
Hi there! I'm Evani and I blog over at Simply Evani. I was crazy excited when Rima asked me to guest post on her wonderful blog because 1. I completely adore her and 2. She's headed to NYC which is on my bucket list! I thought it'd be really fun to do a style post on summer NYC style, in honor of her fab trip.



So I've heard New York can be quite humid in the summer so I opted for light pieces but a cardigan for when the stores are blasting the a/c. Going from flats to heels can take this outfit from day to night, especially if you throw in a sexy leather jacket at night. The crossbody is a good size to hold close to your body in the subway, while the clutch is perfect for a night out! And I've heard it will occasionally rain, so I threw in a cute umbrella just for good measure.

I mean I watch a lot of Gossip Girl so my expectations could be unreasonably high but how fun would this outfit be in NYC?

Over at Simply Evani, I will blog about anything under the sun whether it be a cupcake recipe, crafty DIY or styles I'm crushing. I'm guilty of loving Disneyland way more than any adult should and consider myself a total social media addict. Much like Rima, I LOVE the Backstreet Boys, I have a BF named Rob and have a soft spot for Channing Tatum (Can I get an amen?!). I hope you come check me out, I promise to try and be cool.



Thanks for having me Rima!! You rock my socks.
------
After reading this, now I have an idea on what to pack (ok... not really. haha. I'm confused). Thanks to Evani for having time to post this. She rulez.


3 comments:

  1. i never a fashion person. t-shirt and jeans suit me all the time. haha

    i love the cardigan, and i'll remember to bring an umbrella if i ever go to new york

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love that cardi! And I'm pretty sure that watching enough gossip girl automatically qualifies you to be an expert on ncy fashion. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself. great post, Evani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh haiiii, thanks for having me Rima! You really do rock my socks. And I'm excited to see pics of NY! :)

    Love chuuuuu
    Evani

    ReplyDelete