Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So I decided to juice...

Well since Summer Weather 2012 was being a bitch, my skin has been breaking out (not zit wise but more like Epidermis Catastrophe) to the point I kept on rubbing my Eczema spots with my fingers (I don't wanna scratch! I will bleed to death thru my skins!) or through my masks (I have a spot on my upper lip) while I'm at work (patients would probably think I'm this Psycho Nurse that doesn't shower and has scabies). My whole back neck is all scaly and bumpy (#nasty) and my skin is just not pretty now. 

That's when the Mini Angel Rima on my Right side said, "GURL YOU BEST BELIEVE TO START JUICIN' AGAIN, MMHMM!!!" *snap snap* and she disappeared. This was last week.

So I ended up compulsively bought a juicer thru Amazon.com (evil evil). And it arrived today.

It's so handy and easy to clean. I was impressed. After eating really bad (Hi Kimchi Fried Rice) today, I decided to stop by Fresh & Easy and bought some produce to try out my new toy.

Breville Juicer; All my new friends that'll be in my belly

Since I'm kinda reading the Clean book, I flipped through some recipes of the Juices the author created, I sorta adapted to my own version.

In my YUMMY Green Power Juice, I mixed:
  • 2 green apples
  • 1 Kiwi
  • 1 Lemon (which I regretted later)
  • 1 huge stalk of Celery with no leaves
  • 1/4 large cucumber, peeled
  • 1 handful of spinach
  • a couple of mini branches of Parsley
  • 1 inch of Ginger (yuck)
I turned on the juicer, the machine went cray. It's loud. You can hear how fast the filter/blade is going. Man, I do NOT want to put my finger in there. Scary.

Awesomely, I juiced in less than 2 minutes. It was awesome.



Then, the scary part. I pictured this when I was about to put my lips on that jar.

But then I remember this.

from here
I'm pretty sure the jar will break itself when it sees Chuck Norris.

So I hit it. Hit it hard. While holding my breath. After my last gulp, I finally breathed and tasted it. YUCK. It was too sour (thanks Mr. Lemon)

But 30 minutes after, I felt like this...


I'm so sleepy now. Wow. Maybe I should drink this every night. Gah.

So I browsed around and found some cool recipes, both from Emma & Elsie from A Beautiful Mess (here and here).

Honestly I'm excited. I wasn't as bad as when I was a kid. I dreaded the morning because my mother would force feed me with her juices. Yuck. I'm excited to feel better and to get rid of this damn eczema. 

Anyone have a favorite juice recipe?


6 comments:

  1. My husband wants to get a juicer really bad! And I keep seeing so many delicious recipes I'm starting to think it might be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far I LOVE my juicer since it super fast. once the juice is ready, I just chug it down ahahaha...

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm...juice. I had watermelon and lime the other day. It was delicious. I just use my blender to juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking to get the Ninja blender for like smoothies. Juicer is more watery in texture than blender. Either or it's still yum.

      Delete
  3. Juicing is something I've contemplated for awhile! Such a good way to have veggies and to hide them from me because I'm a child. Haha

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU KNOW IT GURL! Blend those Spinach or Broccoli and just chug it down... Have a small chaser (orange juice usually helps i think. but just a little bit!)

      LET'S GO!

      Delete