Saturday, August 25, 2012

RIMA & GABY INVADES NYC, DAY 2.

Hah. So here's DAY 2 of our epic trip (Sorry it took me so long to do this. I'm gonna make it a weekly series. I'm so busy!)

in the sub; MAGNOLIAAA; Posing; @ Dean & Deluca

As far as I can remember, we woke up late. Hahaha... after our random Pizza run in Day 1, we slept in the humid heat (remember... no AC!).

So we started heading to the Rockefeller Center with intention to eat at Dean & Deluca, and we accidentally bumped into Magnolia Bakery. Mmm... Hello. Like I said, I judge a bakery by it's Red Velvet Cupcake. It's pretty good. The frosting is not sweet at all (which I love) but it doesn't have that cream cheese tartness. I wonder if it was cream cheese frosting. Not sure. Then I stood by the door for like 4 minutes watching a pastry chef frosting a cake. I stared at her for like forever. She was probably annoyed by me. 

Then we walked around Rockefeller, passed by NBC and the Radio Music City hall and found Dean & Deluca. We both got their reusable bags (I'm a sucker for reusable bags), since we both thought, "Er, we're gonna like be shopping like crazy why not just get a reusable bag so we can stuff our stuffs in there? huh?" Anyhoo, great success.

Then after that we went to MoMA. Yay, MoMA. My favorite. That was my 2nd time there, and Gab's first. My goal was to find my favorite painting of all time (again), The Starry Night by Van Gogh and to catch some classics, like Dali, Picasso and of course, ms. Marilyn Monroe herself by Warhol. #highfive.

nerd
After MoMA, we headed to Theater District, with pitstops to the mother of Anthropologie by Rockefeller (I died) and the massive St. Patrick's Cathedral. This was my 2nd time too & Gab's first. When we got there, we caught a glimpse of a mass that was going on. I'm not Catholic, so I had no idea what's going on, so when the people were praying, I was busy admiring the interior.


We headed to Theater District, picked up our tickets for Rent (which featured Anthony Fedorov from American Idol 4) and hung out at Starbucks (yes, our favorite go to place to charge our iphones). Gaby went outside where she caught Woody Harrelson walking by. Moments later I saw the sight of his ass (I saw him from behind from Starbucks). Hey, I saw Haymitch from behind. Woo.

Anyway, RENT was good. The casts was amazing, especially the guy that played Angel. Wow. Homeboy can sing and dance. Gotta love gay men. And Mr. Fedorov was awesome. 


Since the night was still young (actually not really. Young in California time) we decided to head to Times Square and admire the iconic billboard lights. Man, such a touristy sight. Body bumpin no bueno. Gah. 


And again, due to our abusive nature to our iPhones, we stopped again to grab "water" and charge our phones at Starbucks nearby. This Starbucks is legit. It has a big ass TV/Computer screen where you can take a picture of yourself and email it to you. Then it gets displayed on top of the monitor, projector style.


Feelin very touristy ourselves, we walked around Grand Central Station. Such a pretty place.

nerds
And of course, what's New York without some Halal Food? Yum. We wanted to go to that infamous 52nd St one but we were too tired. So we just headed to the first one we could find. And twas yum. It was so yummy that the picture was blurry.


Gawd I'm hungry now. 

Well we accomplished quite a lot in a day. Super.

We headed back to Brooklyn, and to our surprised, we saw a guy, in his underwear, playing the computer as we walked into our apartment. My eyes went straight to his south side. "WTF?!?" was in my head. And that was Barak, our host. (the computer desk is the first thing you see to the side when you walk in). And this, people, was my first time meeting our host. In his underwear. 

Barak: "Hey, Guys. How's is goin??" *eyes on the computer*
Gaby: "Oh hey Barak. It's going great. This is Rima, my friend." *eyes like a deer in the headlight*
Me: "Oh hey, nice to meet you, Barak. Errr... What are you playing?" *thinking, WTF. He better not be playing with himself* (walking towards our room)
Barak: "Oh I'm playing this dragon war game." *eyes still on the computer*
Me: "Oh Cool." *walks into room*

I was totally o_O

Gaby was all WTF too. This boy has no shame. And we both LOVE that! Somebody didn't care... Maybe if we were both males, it'll be a different story. Hahah.

Mkay, til Day 3 :)


PS: photo layouts/templates are made by Katrina from Pugly Pixel. Stop by and say hi (and say hi to her from me!!)


6 comments:

  1. see dude....that's why I'd rather pay for a hotel :) Tim would be like "oh heeeeell noo! somebody's bouts to get hurt" if some random dude was walking around (me) in his underwear
    (on the other hand boxers are the only thing he EVER wears at home :/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha we both were like laughing when we were in our rooms. I would think if we were STRAIGHT males, he wouldn't do that. Prior booking the room, he asked who we were and if we were open to the LGTBQ community (which we both are). Twas funny tho.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for referencing Haymitch, glad we both acknowledge his true identity. The cathedral is incredible! You make me so excited to make it out to NYC someday. Sigh, someday!

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like i said, GURRRRLLL you must go hahahaha...

      Delete
  3. i love love love this post, all touristy NYC thangs, makes me miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kayla!! I still have day 3 - 7 that needs to be posted. It will come up weekly. So hard to figure out what pictures to post because i took so many!!!

      Delete